United Airport Parking--Miami

pcrum

Has anyone used this facility? They quote $49.94 for a week as opposed to $140 at POM. http://www.unitedairportparking.com

I'm thinking of giving this a try in November and wanted to check if anyone had used it before. Thanks!

I'm quoting from their website:

"GENERAL INFORMATION:

POM EZ Cruise Parking provides a clean, gated and fenced, well lit at night facility. 24 hour surveillance and night guard is on premises.

LOCATION INFORMATION:

POM EZ Cruise Parking is approximately half a mile away from the Port of Miami. The exact address and driving directions come on your reservation confirmation.

SHUTTLE INFORMATION:

Complimentary unlimited roundtrip shuttle service is provided per paid parking reservation.Shuttle service is good up to 2 people. Any additional passengers will be $6 Port Access fee per person. The shuttle service operates 7 days a week. On the day of your cruise, you may catch the shuttle to your ship anytime between 9AM to 3PM. On your return day, the shuttle is available starting at 7AM. Please allow up to 30 minutes for pick up(depending on port access traffic congestion). Porters are on hand at the parking facility to help you with your luggage transfer."

This has been discussed and reviewed many times on this thread. If you do a forum search (clickbox at the top of this board), you'll find tons of recent threads and info.

Thanks for the helpful response.:)

I'm just looking for recent information...some of these threads are a few years old and I would bet others would like to hear from recent users of United Airport Parking as well.

After reading mixed reviews on UAP, we used them for our first cruise out of POM last October. I booked online and the total came to just under $50 for the week. It's very close to the port and the parking is located in a garage that is secure and gated at night. There are vans in rotation constantly transferring people back and forth. A van was available just as we parked and the driver assisted us with our luggage. When we returned we walked to the designated location. Within a few minutes, a full van passing stopped and verified that we were waiting for UAP. He radioed in and a van was there within 5 minutes. Once we returned to our car, we realized that we had accidentally left the rear passenger window down. Nothing was missing from our vehicle and there was no vandalism present. To me that says a lot. We will be using them again for our October 2012 cruise.

Archived