Price Increase

kayrob

I'll be on the Pearl to Alaska on Sept. 2. I was just on the NCL website and noticed that the price for a mini suite went up $100. Is it unusual for NCL (or any other line for that matter) to have a $ increase when the cruise is less than 2 months out? The mini suite was $1649 for as long as I can remember and it jumped to $1749 yesterday. Another question: is there any way to see how full a cruise is?

I'll be on the Pearl to Alaska on Sept. 2. I was just on the NCL website and noticed that the price for a mini suite went up $100. Is it unusual for NCL (or any other line for that matter) to have a $ increase when the cruise is less than 2 months out? The mini suite was $1649 for as long as I can remember and it jumped to $1749 yesterday. Another question: is there any way to see how full a cruise is?

Yes, it's common. In fact, prices can go absolutely anywhere at any time. They can fluctuate with the hour.

I'm sure there are some websites out there that will tell you how full a ship is. What I do is just check the NCL website to see how many rooms are listed as being available in each category. It's not dead accurate, but gives me a rough idea. Did you try Googling the question? Maybe some potential websites will come up.

I sailed the Spirit out of New Orleans in March. Around January the ship was filling fast and prices went up. My balcony room went up 200.00. This is why waiting for last minute deals is not always gonna work in your favor. I always book a year in advance and every time prices change I get the price reduction or at least that same difference in on-board credit, which in essence is the same thing.:D

Kev:cool:

Archived