was anyone disappointed that was on..

Muffinis#1

[SIZE=3]Out of 9 Alaska cruises I have never been on a HAL Alaska cruise that did NOT have a Naturalist on Board. There also has always been Park Rangers that came on board for Glacier Bay. I unfortunately do not remember if there were Park Rangers for Tracy Arm or Hubbard but always two Ranger for Glacier Bay and the Naturalist the full week. [/SIZE]

I talked to both park rangers at Hubbard. I got my book stamped first time. this time last cruise on June 29th The other ranger in crows nest had the stamp I was not leaving the bow to go inside and get a stamp. The Amsterdam does not make any annouchments only twice a day. I do not want to hear bingo at 3 in the XX room. Sale of watches with watches at 3 every few minutes. when in Tracy she said that they were not allowed to talk at certain places.

yep I missed many wild life because I was looking eleswhere or just missed them.

Mary

I looked at the Oosterdam's schedule awhile back and was not impressed for this year's Alaska routing.

First, it sails out od Seattle - even though it is a bit more expensive, Vancouver is a better sailing (IMO) due to the smoother waters of the Inside Passage.

Second - as note, Tracy Arm is not a real tour of it.

Third - only 6 hours in Ketchikan - back onboard about 12:30 PM.

Fourth - Victoria is a late night port - arrives at 7 PM (as I recall). Hard to see much late, especially the Gardens (IMO).

I would pass on this - even though it is a fine ship and crew.

DaveOKC

We got off as you got on. We celebrated Canada Day and the 4th of July (our 20th as well) on the Oosterdam. We absolutely loved our holiday! Great room and staff and leisure opportunities onboard. Wonderful scenery each and every day and pretty good weather to boot. Tracy Arm did not disappoint at all...amazing scenery! Enjoyed visiting with folks who saw whales even though I didn't (despite binoculars and time invested). Sitka is a beautiful place and Ketchikan is worth a walkabout if not a shore excursion! Hope you cruise with HAL again and LOVE IT!

Archived