Celebrity Suites....Summit....Which one??

firstcruiserDB

I will try once more to get your opinions of cabin placement for our Summit sailing next Summer....Thanks for any help you've given me already! We are getting closer and closer to booking now.

We have decided on a Celebrity Suite, and we are excited! We'd love to know which one is the most desired. We are interested in Deck 6 or Deck 7, but we don't know if forward facing or aft facing is best.

The Celebrity representative couldn't really help me, but I know there's someone here that can! Please let me know which Celebrity Suite is the best on Deck 6 or 7.

I will, once again, really, really appreciate your help. We know we need to book soon, as these are surely cabins that go quickly!

THANKS!

There is not much difference between deck 6 and deck 7 except that some people think that you get the best butlers on deck 6 because they also look after the Penthouse and Royal Suites. This may be so but there is also the possibility that the guests in those suites are very demanding and you may suffer because of that. If you are on deck 7, you will be in one of the senior suites for your butler.

As far as foreward or aft-facing, the answer used to be that the foreward facing CS were better because the window washing equipment affected the aft-facing suites. Now, since they added the calconies to the CS, the window washing equipment does stops at deck 5. The wind may be a problem on the foreward facing CS balconies and the aft-facing are the ones we would choose.

Hope that helps.

Sue

We are just off the Summit and was in 6106, which is aft facing. It was a great cabin and would do it again. There was no obstructed view but the balcony was anything but private. Even from the Oceanview Cafe you could see the balcony as well as most balconies from the 6,7 and 8 decks.

Thanks to both of you for posting!!

Coucour....Please tell us:

-What type of furniture is on the balcony?

-Elaborate a little, please, on the lack of privacy on the balcony. From above? Cabin next door?

-Is there some air flow on the balcony, or is it pretty hot? Can we sunbathe on the balcony if the lido gets too wild and crazy?

Thanks a bunch for any info you can give us. We will be booking very soon, and this cabin in first on our list!

Thanks to both of you for posting!!

Coucour....Please tell us:

-What type of furniture is on the balcony?

-Elaborate a little, please, on the lack of privacy on the balcony. From above? Cabin next door?

-Is there some air flow on the balcony, or is it pretty hot? Can we sunbathe on the balcony if the lido gets too wild and crazy?

Thanks a bunch for any info you can give us. We will be booking very soon, and this cabin in first on our list!

Hi Again,

I think pics 2, 3 and 4 from the great photos in post #51 of the attached thread provide a wonderfully visual answer to a couple of your concerns:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1643675&referrerid=422315

Balcony Furniture and Lack of privacy....Used to be, before the balconies were added, that the cabins directly next door could look directly in the suite window...now, those are the cabins that you do have some privacy from...due to the partitions.

Remember...the Celebrity Suites are on a bowed-out section of the ship...and therefore the balconies are quite visible to other cabins (as picture 3 clearly shows)

Enjoy

Most of your questions seems to have been answered. When standing at the rail or close to it we could see into all but the balcony next to us. If we can see them they should be able to see us. Also those people in balconies along the side of the ship in the decks higher than us had a direct view into the balcony. Not much chance to renew our membership into the Balcony Club. As the pictures showed there were just two chairs and no loungers or foot stools. The balcony was not that deep.

We did not get much of a breeze when sailing but had plenty in Bermuda.

Archived