Please Help Re Cabana Rental Grand Turk

mousey

Hi,

I've confirmed a cabana rental at the Grand Turk Cruise port but it didn't mention where on when I would find out which cabana I will have. Does anyone know when Carnival will give me this info? Do I go to the excursion desk for this info or as someone on my roll call mentioned, do I have to check in at Margaritaville when we get to the port?

Thanks for all responses!:D I know I could call Carnival directly...but it takes so long to get through to them.

You check in with the hostess at Margaritaville and she'll pull the key for you and show you to your cabana; it's not like HMC where you can pick one. We had #9 (the Miracle was also in port and I think my ship had the last half of the cabanas and the Miracle had the first).

We had a Cabana in GT this past May, like the other poster said you check in with the hostess in Margaritaville. They assign them on a first come first serve basis, just show them you excursion ticket.

The Cabanas are on the grassy area surrounding the large pool. You can't go wrong with any of them. Cabana 1 is closer to the restroom while Cabana 10 is closer to the beach.

DH and I had been to GT the prior year and didn't rent a Cabana but this year we had my nieces baby (11mos) and my dad (82) so we went for it mainly because they are air-conditioned. It was great! We were the second ship in port (Miracle) so Cabanas 6-10 were available for us, we took Cabana 6.

Enjoy your cruise.

The last time we were at GT we had cabana 9. I thought it was a great location, but I was disappointed from a security aspect. They didn't give us the key until after we complained about a young couple wandering in and out of cabana's that seemed to be vacant. The couple even came onto my porch at one point. I told them I was calling security and they scooted off pretty quickly.

The last time we were at GT we had cabana 9. I thought it was a great location, but I was disappointed from a security aspect. They didn't give us the key until after we complained about a young couple wandering in and out of cabana's that seemed to be vacant. The couple even came onto my porch at one point. I told them I was calling security and they scooted off pretty quickly.

When we were there in May they gave us the key when they walked us to the Cabana.

Anyone have pictures of the cabanas to share, please??

We had 3 in a Row on our Cruise in February

Our Cabana in February

P2160729.jpg

A very 'early morning' drink with the BIL

P2160713.jpg

Looking out...

P2160714.jpg

P2160715.jpg

View of the Pool

P2160733.jpg

Our friends in front of the Entrance to one of the Cabanas

TammiandAllisonontheBalconyofCabana.jpg

Thank you for the pics!!

We were in GT right after a hurricane wiped out most everything on the island.

The floors to the cabanas were there, but everything else was gone. Just trying to see what they looked like.

Thanks!!

I absolutely love the cabana! Wanted to rent one until I realized we have to be back on the ship by 1:30PM. It really sucks that we have such a short time in GT. We arrive at 7AM and depart at 2PM. It will be 10ish before we even pull ourselves together to get off the ship.

7AM - 2PM:rolleyes::mad:.

Archived