Junior Suite-Inspiration

1bellamarie

The jr suites on that ship have a 30 sq.ft. balcony, instead of a standard 35 sq.ft. balcony. It's not a huge difference, but many people say they notice it. But it's still a balcony. The room (indoors) is 220 sq.ft, which is much larger than any of the regular rooms on that ship. But some people feel a suite should be a little larger, as the indoors part is the same size and setup as an oceanview room on Carnival's large ships. Your little one will have a sofa bed (not a pull-out) to sleep on, which are much nicer than the upper bunks.

One thing of note: There is a public walkway one deck below the balconies, that stick out a little further than the balconies. It's not used by many people, but it is there. It's not a terrible thing, but it's good for you to know about it ahead of time. That walkway is used sometimes by crew and by people who are heading to the "secret deck", which overlooks the front of the ship. Those decks are always really nice. You will have a very short walk to that deck from your room, as it is on Verandah deck, and there is a door leading out to it. From that deck, there are stairs that go down to those public walkways below the balconies. Those are the 2 ways to get to/from the "secret deck". The 8 junior suites (4 on each side) furthest away from the front of the ship are partially obstructed by life boats.

Edited by k2excursion

How are the junior suites on the Inspiration?? I'm sailing soon with DH and our little one. Just curious. If it matters, we're on the Verandah deck.

They aren't truly suites. In fact, they are probably some of the worst "suites" at sea (at least by today's standards). Carnival named these staterooms "suites" back in the 90's before the balcony boom and when having one was for a privileged few.

These "suites" are not much larger than a regular stateroom on a newer ship. In fact these "suites" measure 220 sq ft; same square footage as a standard oceanview cabin on Carnival's newer ships (and are actually smaller than the standard oceanviews on Carnival's Dream class ships).

• The balconies are SMALL. In fact, smaller than a balcony on a standard stateroom on a newer ship. It's so small that you can't really turn your chair to face the ocean. You need to sit sideways. You can barely fit two people out there.

• Location is awful. Being on the Verandah deck forward means potential for lots of pitching motion (up and down) if the seas are choppy. Also, if your cabin is closest to the end of the hallway (going forward), people can look INTO your cabin from a public deck. If your suite is one of the ones farther back, it may have a lifeboat obstructing your view.

• Speaking of view, your view straight down will be of a pulic deck with people walking by just a few feet from your cabin.

• Since you're traveling with a small child, one thing to consider is that, unlike new ships that have solid glass railings, the Inspiration has metal rods going across. If you have a very small child, the gaps between the rods may be big enough to at least get his head caught.

The worst thing about them is that, since there are only a handful of them, and booking a suite is the only way to get a balcony on this ship, Carnival charges an overinflated price for them.

Edited by Tapi

I sailed on the Imagination in Junior Suite V11. We were 3 adult woman and I thought the room was a decent size for us. Definately better then an interior. My friend who slept on the couch the weekend said it was very comfortable.

As far as the balcony, YES it is small but its a balcony. You can open the door and get the breeze and hear the waves. We had 3 out there but we were tight. As far as the public deck below, I don't remember that but it doesn't mean it wasn't there :). It is still a suite so you will get VIP boarding.

I didn't mind being on the Verandah deck. I actually like the front of the ship and it was very convenient to the Lido deck.

I have a pic of the room I have attached to give you an idea of the size.

307188_2514557546314_667198815_n.jpg

Edited by girlscruise2011

We sailed V11 and thought it the worst room we have ever had. We usually sail Suite (OS,GS) or occasionally balcony. The balcony on this was soooooo small overlooked a walking track and to the right got to see into the bridge. We had an interior across the hall for the kids and we all (seasoned cruisers) thought the interior was the best of the two. In my opinion--such a waste of extra money.

We always stay on verandah deck when we sail the fantasy class ships.

We find it to be very quiet there, as no one goes there unless their cabin is there. The balconies ARE small, but we still love them.

There are a couple of cabins--I think V27 is one, that have crew stairs right outside, so don't be standing naked in front of the slider. :eek: We have stayed in those, the partially obstructed and near the bow.

This time we booked late so we are in V4, up front. I'm sure it wont' be a problem with motion because the ship sails so slow on this itin.

I think with 2 adults and a small child, there is enough room. I wouldn't do it with 4 adults, but then, that's me. :)

Pat

Edited by sassyredhat

• 2 years later...
We always stay on verandah deck when we sail the fantasy class ships.

We find it to be very quiet there, as no one goes there unless their cabin is there. The balconies ARE small, but we still love them.

There are a couple of cabins--I think V27 is one, that have crew stairs right outside, so don't be standing naked in front of the slider. :eek: We have stayed in those, the partially obstructed and near the bow.

This time we booked late so we are in V4, up front. I'm sure it wont' be a problem with motion because the ship sails so slow on this itin.

I think with 2 adults and a small child, there is enough room. I wouldn't do it with 4 adults, but then, that's me. :)

Pat

Can you turn the chairs facing forward and sit or is sideways the only way you can sit? DM and I are looking at a jr suite for our next cruise.

Can you turn the chairs facing forward and sit or is sideways the only way you can sit? DM and I are looking at a jr suite for our next cruise.

You could. But your knees will hit the railing.

Just stayed in one last September. Tiny balcony and the room didn't feel any bigger than a standard balcony that we stayed in on the pride. Priority boarding was cool though.

We also stayed in V11 with our friends right next store.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Edited by losijon