PG 11/05/05 Roll Call

We decided to try our third PG cruise this November in hopes that the new owner's "bean counters" don't mess with what previously has been a wonderful cruise. We will miss Captain Brossard, however we have an open mind and simply wish to take another vacation that we know we'll enjoy.

Our TA has managed to arrange RT air from Honolulu for us and other clients that will coincide with the PG's departure and arrival back in Papeete. By paying a little more in FP francs to the port authority the ship will set sail to Riatea around midnight rather than 10PM. Without this exception Hawaiian residents have to fly 5 hours to Lax and then 8 hours to Papeete.

Please let us know if you will be sailing with us and perhaps we can meet and share a little "Aloha"

T&E

Maui

Aloha!! I have been a lurker on this board for a long time, and now that I've found someone travelling with me on my honeymoon, I'm compelled to post! We are sooooo excited about this trip! It will for sure be once in a lifetime. Are you planning any pre/post trips? We are spending the week prior in Moorea.

Happy Travels!

Aloha Nic&Chris!

You guys have picked a "world class" honeymoon. On our two prior PG cruises we met several honeymooners and have stayed in touch with them over the past few years. Without fail, they all had a wonderful time. The ship sponsored a get together for them that included being wrapped in Tahitian quilts, cake and lots of bubbly!

In the past we have stayed pre-cruise, however, Hawaiian Airlines flys just once a week now from Honolulu-Papeete and arrives late Saturday night. We will reserve a day room in Papeete upon our sad departure from the PG.

Have you guys decided where you will be staying? We checked out a few of the hotels on Moorea during our last cruise and we were very impressed.

We would be happy to try an answer questions for you and you have been lurking the right board to get some great info on the PG.

When and where are you two taking the plunge?

We're getting married on 10/29, leaving for paradise on 10/30, arriving in Tahiti on 10/31. We're staying at the InterContinental Moorea. I've heard good things. Do you have any experience with the resort?

I'm looking forward to the "extras" provided by Radisson. We've cruised before (we actually celebrated our engagement on Norwegian and I've been on Royal Caribbean several times), we love cruising, but it sounds like Radisson is in a class by itself. Any other tips or tricks you can offer to help us get ready for the trip would be greatly appreicated!

Thanks!

N&C...what an exciting two+ weeks for you guys this Fall!

We have not stayed at the Moorea Inter.C., however, we also, have heard positive feedback. Trust us that the highlight of your honeymoon will be the week aboard the PG. By 11/05/05 you will be bronzed from your stay on Moorea and accustomed to a very laid back, relaxed Island attitude. By 11/05/05 you'll also be ready to enjoy some gourmet delights without having to mortgage your savings account. We say this, because we have found the dining in Tahiti to be average at best and extremely high priced. (paid $8 for a coke at the Papeete Airport). You may wish to pack a few of your favorite snacks and beverages for your time on Moorea.

French Polynesia is all about the pristine lagoons, abundant sea life, diving & snorkeling and just plain hanging out in the bath temperature ocean. Ergo; we highly recommend that you both bring your own snorkle & face mask, a dive bag, reef shoes, and an inxpensive air mattress. Regardless of your experience or lack thereof in diving and snorkeling you will have no problem enjoying the shallow water around the motus.

Evening dress onboard the PG can be summed up in two words: Tommy Bahama! His stuff is perfect for the climate and casual resort attire for your cruise. Daytime is a no brainer with bathing suits, pareos, flip flops, waterproof fanny packs the order of the day.

Don't know if you fancy Tahitian black pearls, but if you do, we found that by purchasing bulk pearls from the vendors on Motu Mahana (Monday 11/07/05) and having your local jeweler set them for you when you get home is the "way to fly". Study up on Moorea during your precruise stay and learn how to evaluate quality by going to a few shops. Just don't buy until your cruise week. If you're not happy with comparisons you can always buy when the ship returns to Moorea Thursday.

Feel free to request any specific info and we'll do our best to answer. There's ton of folks on this board that have an abundance of advice that will come in handy.

• 3 weeks later...

Terry & Miss Liz!

We sure wish that we could be joining you again! Make sure you watch out for funny looking tourist's with buck teeth and baggy pants!! ;) I'm happy to hear that you have new honeymooners with you, they don't know what a fun time that they're in for! Think of us at Moto Mahana....and don't forget to bring the bread to feed the fishies!

Aloha and Bon Voyage!

Cindy Sue :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With a month to go we've had plenty of lurkers and few replies.

The good news is that we had a wonderful pre-cruise party with fellow PG 11/05/05 sailors on Maui this past Saturday. We can testify that a very strong contingent from Maui will be onboard to enjoy 7 super days in the Society Islands.

Please excuse this worthless post designed to keep our thread front & center.

Start the countdown and pack your snorkeling equipment!

• 3 weeks later...

Darn it..all repeat PG cruisers report very positive feedback from their recent sailings and yet we are the only one's onboard for 11/05/05 aside from 6 couples from Maui?

Guess we will just have to have Motu Mahana all by ourselves!

Please pray for us! lol

T&E

Archived