Cabin Night Dinner Theater Denali?

tomkc1

I'm wondering how far it is from the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge to the Cabin Night Dinner theater. If we are staying at the lodge without a vehicle is there a way to get to the dinner theater?

I'd also be interested to hear if the dinner and show are a good take.

Thanks, Tom

Can't answer you question about proximity, but we did go to the Cabin Night Dinner Theater using a 2 for 1 coupon from the Toursaver Coupon Book. For us, it was not even worth going to with the coupon. The food was mediocre at best, as was the entertainment. However, there are plenty of people who report they enjoyed it. I think we have been spoiled on previous vacations with better entertainment at these types of events. We would not do it again. If you do some searches for the Cabin Night Theater you will find mixed reviews, some loving it, and others like me not enjoying it.

Can't answer you question about proximity, but we did go to the Cabin Night Dinner Theater using a 2 for 1 coupon from the Toursaver Coupon Book. For us, it was not even worth going to with the coupon. The food was mediocre at best, as was the entertainment. However, there are plenty of people who report they enjoyed it. I think we have been spoiled on previous vacations with better entertainment at these types of events. We would not do it again. If you do some searches for the Cabin Night Theater you will find mixed reviews, some loving it, and others like me not enjoying it.

Can you tell me what they served for dinner? They mention salmon and ribs on the web. My DH is a rather picky eater. Do the serve chicken or anything else? Thanks,

Can you tell me what they served for dinner? They mention salmon and ribs on the web. My DH is a rather picky eater. Do the serve chicken or anything else? Thanks,

We went in 2008 and I don't remember if chicken was served. I am a vegetarian, so I was served a vegetarian lasagna. (reservation was lost, so I had to wait a long time for my meal)

Looking online this is the menu I found. It does not mention chicken:

"Enjoy an all-you-can-eat meal served family-style including Alaskan salmon, barbecue ribs, fork mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, old-fashioned baked beans, drop biscuits and blueberry cobbler."

Most of our table was upset that for the price they paid, they were expected to tip. I didn't see anyone else but us, put money into the tip container. :confused:

I don't remember all the specifics, but all I know is I was a little grossed out by the family style format. Normally, it does not bother me, but the people we were seated with, just didn't exhibit the same attention to proper food handling that I do. Honestly, I just couldn't wait to get out of there.

We have been entertained in the past by young performers at National Parks and were always most impressed. This time we were very disappointed.

However, there is not a lot to do at night in Denali, especially if you don't have a car, so it is a way of passing the evening which is why I think it is so popular.

Two years ago, we stayed at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and went to Cabin Nite. If I remember correctly, it was within walking distance for fit walkers. They also have shuttles that you could probably catch. I'd call and check with the lodge to be sure.

I agree that if you are at a table with icky/gross strangers, the family style dining could be less than pleasant. We had a good group, so it was fun.

I love salmon, so that's mostly what I ate. However, I don't recall the entire menu. You are expected to tip your waiter/waitress in addition to the ticket cost. They are not only waitstaff, they are part of the show. We had to wait for a re-supply while our waiter sang his song. :)

It's up to you if you want to spend the $$$$ (I know it's not cheap), but if you do, for goodness sake, HAVE FUN!!!

I can't stand this form of dinner and entertainment. You can get much better food elsewhere in the area. Cruise passengers are hauled in by the busload.

The 'family style' service means that the guys closest to the food get first pick of whatever the dish happens to be. It is not a fair and even distribution.

The double dippers make me crazy!

Archived