Why does it take a TA soooooo loooooong?

I faxed my savings certificate on 6/28 and I am still waiting for it to be applied (booked directly with Royal). Right now I am on hold with C&A trying to find out if they even received it. Every week I was told to call back in a week if it hadn't been applied, so I have called 4 times. I am so happy that this time I got Donna and she is trying to track it down for me.

Now I am off of hold and found out that my savings certificate is MIA. Since I had called every week and asked them to document that I called, the supervisor went ahead and applied the savings certificate. Woo Hoo!!! That's $200 off my cruise! :D:D:D

Lisa

I've never had a certificate applied in a matter of seconds. I haven't tried in a year, but I recall filling out an online or email form and it took a few days for them to reply. Maybe your TA is just trying to keep you from calling every few seconds.;)

I'm glad you're not my TA

I just received confirmation from my TA that my C & A Savings Certificate was indeed applied to my reservation, with a savings of $150 per cabin (we have 2 outside/connecting cabins booked on a 9 day cruise). Oh but wait, theres more.....it will take another week to 14 days for my new booking confirmation to be e-mailed. And the $150 per cabin OBC promised, has been dropped down to $125 per cabin because "the new price of the cruise is lower".....grrrrrrrr.

Anyways, just wanted to report back that I have had reasonable success!:D

I just received confirmation from my TA that my C & A Savings Certificate was indeed applied to my reservation, with a savings of $150 per cabin (we have 2 outside/connecting cabins booked on a 9 day cruise). Oh but wait, theres more.....it will take another week to 14 days for my new booking confirmation to be e-mailed. And the $150 per cabin OBC promised, has been dropped down to $125 per cabin because "the new price of the cruise is lower".....grrrrrrrr.

The application of the savings certificate reduced the TA's commission, so it's not unusual that their OBC would be reduced too.

This is the first time we have used savings certificate, so I don't know if it's like this every time, but for our September cruise, a certificate came out about 2 weeks before final payment. I called my TA, she applied it & said that it should take 24-48 hours to be applied. She told me to check back with her the following week. When I called, I was told that since the certificates had just been made available, there were SO many to be applied, & Royal only had 1 person applying them so that it could take WEEKS for ours to be applied. The due date for final payment came, so we made the full payment & got refunded the amount of the certificate just last week.

it does NOT take that long to get a new confirmation..as soon as royal applies the coupons/approve them..whatever...s/he (the TA) can go into the system and email the confo to you....

Archived