NCL hotels

daffodiliaz

We're booked for a PC this Sept leaving from Vancouver. Not putting a whole lot of effort into this one since it's not really a once-in-a-lifetime type of cruise, IMO, so I just went ahead an booked an NCL hotel for convenience.

1. What type of documentation will I get for the hotel? A voucher with my edocs?

2. When it comes time to fill up the bus to go to the port, do they call your name, or does everyone just swarm the bus? We stayed at an NCL hotel in Barcelona but we booked separately with our own transportation, and I just remember a huge crowd waiting in the lobby. We left before they loaded.

Thx.

We're booked for a PC this Sept leaving from Vancouver. Not putting a whole lot of effort into this one since it's not really a once-in-a-lifetime type of cruise, IMO, so I just went ahead an booked an NCL hotel for convenience.

1. What type of documentation will I get for the hotel? A voucher with my edocs?

2. When it comes time to fill up the bus to go to the port, do they call your name, or does everyone just swarm the bus? We stayed at an NCL hotel in Barcelona but we booked separately with our own transportation, and I just remember a huge crowd waiting in the lobby. We left before they loaded.

Thx.

You will get a hotel voucher with you edocs. People gather in the lobby and swarm to the bus when it is announced. If you have a transfer as part of hotel package, there will be a voucher with your documents. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I did the PC from LA on The Pearl last fall. Had great time. Have you read David McCullough's book "The Path Between The Seas? It is a very detailed history of the building of The Panama Canal from 1870-1914. When you read it and realize all the hardships, you wonder how it ever got built.

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport and I think our ship is scheduled to leave from Ballantyne.

Which ship will you be sailing: The Jewel or The Pearl?

What are you planning to see in Astoria? There are two museums worth seeing. One is the Columbia Maritime Museum along the waterfront. The other is Fort Clatsop. The Lewis and Clark expedition winter there in 1805-1806. The Fort may be part of an excursion and there may also be shuttle bus going out there (it is some distance from the port area).

Norwegian will sail from Ballantyne which is in the industrial part of the port and isn't easily accessible by transit etc so the transfer from your hotel is the way to go.

If those Pearl and Jewel sailings didn't conflict with my 65th birthday bash I would have booked one of them as the pricing was great.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Aweninaz I am on the Jewel leaving from Ballantyne on Sept 22. .....What we have learned is you are better off taking the transfer through NCL because we learned on a CC thread that a Taxi has to have a special permit in order to get through to Ballentyne which is in a High Security area of the Port Many Taxi's don't because they don't go to Ballentyne that often. I am assuming that this is true because it was posted by someone who lives in Vancouver. All of us that are stayin in Vancouver are going to have our Concierge at our Hotel s arrange for a Taxi with a Permit to pick us up....I hope you are on the Jewel but I know that the Pearl is leaving the day after we leave. Have a wonderful Cruise

Thanks for quick reply. Just occurred to me that PC is probably used for Panama Canal. I meant Pacific Coastal. The Panama Canal would definitely be once-in-a-lifetime. ;) Will be prepared to swarm. :D

LOL, I was wondering why the Panama Canal wouldn't be special. ;)

Hi!

I'll be on that cruise as well and opted to have my TA book my pre and post-hotel thru NCL. In Vancouver we will be staying at the Vancouver Marriott Pinncale which is definately not within walking distance of the pier. When I printed my eDocs, there were vouchers for the hotels plus information for the transfers.

Come join our Rollcall! :D

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport and I think our ship is scheduled to leave from Ballantyne.

One of the many reasons I would never book a hotel through the cruiseline. I would want to stay downtown - not at or near the airport.

We booked through NCL and there were 3 choices in Seattle, 2 downtown and one near the airport. Not sure about any choices from NCL in Vancouver. We were very happy booking with NCL because we didn't have to handle the luggage to the ship. Also our rooms were ready before noon both pre and post cruise, which was very helpful. Everything including hotel and transportation vouchers was included with our e-docs. I think NCL did what is necessary to let us know what to do for our first cruise. The hotel can answer questions also.

The aiport location may not be ideal, but Holiday Inn has an airport shuttle so if we decide to venture into downtown I figure we can shuttle to the airport then take Canada Line downtown. Maybe the Seabus to North Vancouver.

I'll look for all the vouchers once we've made final payment. Maybe I'll change my mind about the hotel by then. Having been to Vancouver before who knows if we'll be back again in this lifetime.

We booked through NCL and there were 3 choices in Seattle, 2 downtown and one near the airport. Not sure about any choices from NCL in Vancouver. We were very happy booking with NCL because we didn't have to handle the luggage to the ship. Also our rooms were ready before noon both pre and post cruise, which was very helpful. Everything including hotel and transportation vouchers was included with our e-docs. I think NCL did what is necessary to let us know what to do for our first cruise. The hotel can answer questions also.

NCL offers two....Holiday Inn near the airport and the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle which is downtown....closer to Canada Place.:cool:

Archived