salmon fishing in Ketchikan

novafish

Looking for suggestions for fun & reliable excursion for salmon fishing in Ketchikan. Party size may range from 2 to 3 to 5. Leaving for cruise next week.

I agree with the above poster. While I don't know much about Northern Lights, I have dealt very closely with True Alaskan Charters. Bruce Johnstone offers a personalized 4-6hr 1/2 day trip to do whatever your group wants to do with your time, be it for fishing for salmon, halibut (or both), sightseeing, crabbing, etc. The charge is $120/pp for 2 and $100/pp for 4. The best rate I have found. If you decide to try Bruce out, let him know that Hellen recommended him and he will take great care of your group. :) admin@truealaskancharters.com

When I was last there, from my balcony, I observed a bridge on the south side of town with fishermen on it. While my wife was shopping, I strolled over and enjoyed watching them fish. Why not do that (don't know if license is needed) for FREE. Most fishermen threw back what they caught because there was a limit. You could look down into the water and see the salmon swimming around. You could continue walking up the stream and observe the fish. I really enjoyed my free fishing trip.

John L.

I had problems with True Alaska. They have NEVER responded to my phone calls or emails!!. I find this to be a problem. I am also trying to find a fishing trip of more htan four hours. The longer the trip the better chance to catch and the farther you can go.

I had problems with True Alaska. They have NEVER responded to my phone calls or emails!!. I find this to be a problem. I am also trying to find a fishing trip of more htan four hours. The longer the trip the better chance to catch and the farther you can go.

quickfingers,

I am surprised that you still have not found a charter that will take you out for longer than 1/2 day, especially when there are so many charters in Ketchikan. It makes one wonder if other charters might not be avoiding you out of concern that if you are unhappy with something on your trip, you would keep bad mouthing them to everyone on this board. Just food for thought.

:rolleyes:

Good Luck!

Archived