All inclusive for a day while in port

craftymiss

Hi. We are booked on the Adv. of the Seas, July 31, 05 cruise and was wondering if anyone has gone to an all inclusive hotel for a one day or an half day pass. It sounds great. One that we are thinking about is in Antigua at the Pineapple Grand for $45 per person. Does anyone know about the cost of cab for two from the ship to the hotel. Also, has anyone done this cruise? The ports are St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antiuga, Barbados and St. Lucia. Any info would be great.

Thank you,

We went there in February. Cabfare was $25 each way for the two of us. Maybe it would have been cheaper if there were more people in our party, but I don't know. The beach is gorgeous, but it is on the windier side of the island. Unfortunately for us, the weather was terrible that day. Rain and wind. So we spent $50 for cabfare and $90 for admittance and left early due to the crummy weather. They serve an absolutely delicious rum punch topped with nutmeg. I highly recommend trying one (or two).:D

More info:

Since we got rained out of Pineapple Beach, we went shopping in Radcliffe Quay and Heritage Quay. Cute area for shopping and walking around. Had a truly delicious lunch at Hemmingways. I would highly recommend that restaurant.

In St. Lucia, we took a cab to Reduit Beach. Loved, loved, loved it!!! It is so beautiful! This was our favorite day of the whole cruise. We rented chairs and an umbrella in front of Spinnakers' restaurant. Had a great lobster lunch there. After the beach, we popped into the vendors market by the cruise ship dock. Bought local spices (nutmeg, saffron, bay leaves, etc). Also great hot sauce.

In Barbados, we went to the Boatyard. I've read numerous posts about how great it is. We were not impressed and would not return.

In St. Thomas, we went to Sapphire Beach. It is so gorgeous! Calm, beautiful water and great views of other islands, including St. John. If I return to St. Thomas, it will be hard to decide between returning to Sapphire Beach or going to Magens Bay Beach. It's supposed to be one of the 10 prettiest beaches in the world. We did not do the Paradise Point Tramway, and I regret missing that. I liked the shopping in Charlotte Amalie.

In St. Maarten, we went to Orient Beach. Loved it. Highly recommend it (as do other posters). I would mention that the southern end of the beach is clothing optional. If you have young children, you should stay on the northern end.

Go to the "ports of call" threads. There are tons of postings on these ports of call. Lots of info. Have fun. You're going to really enjoy this itinerary!

Carnival Celebration 2000

Carnival Triumph 2001

Star Princess 2002

Golden Princess 2004

NCL Spirit 2005

Diamond Princess July 2005 :)

NCL Star Jan 2006 :)

Archived