To Pub Crawl or Not to Pub Crawl That is my question??

Kris1979

Did the pub crawl in Key West on Tuesday, 1/15. Had a great time. Went to 5 bars (Lucky Gecko, Tree House, Flying Monkey, Schooner and Rick's). You are limited in what drinks you can get, but still found a good selection. For you Bloody Mary lovers, wife said Tree House bar has the best she's ever tasted. I don't like 'em, so I'll take her word on that.

Our guide was Zam. Great guy...kept us entertained. Had a conch horn blowing contest...DW won and got the coveted "beads." All in all, was worth the money IMHO. T-shirt was a high quality shirt.

After the official pub crawl was finished, we continued on with our own.Ended up back at the Tree House bar and a slice of pizza from Angelina's right next door. Good stuff.

As to the t-shirt. The design is the same one posted by katti michele earlier in this thread...has the sword fish or marlin or whatever kind of fish that is on it.

Did the pub crawl in Key West on Tuesday, 1/15. Had a great time. Went to 5 bars (Lucky Gecko, Tree House, Flying Monkey, Schooner and Rick's). You are limited in what drinks you can get, but still found a good selection. For you Bloody Mary lovers, wife said Tree House bar has the best she's ever tasted. I don't like 'em, so I'll take her word on that.

Our guide was Zam. Great guy...kept us entertained. Had a conch horn blowing contest...DW won and got the coveted "beads." All in all, was worth the money IMHO. T-shirt was a high quality shirt.

After the official pub crawl was finished, we continued on with our own.Ended up back at the Tree House bar and a slice of pizza from Angelina's right next door. Good stuff.

As to the t-shirt. The design is the same one posted by katti michele earlier in this thread...has the sword fish or marlin or whatever kind of fish that is on it.

Thanks for reporting back... cant wait!!! How long did it take ? We are in port from 7:30 -2

Thanks for reporting back... cant wait!!! How long did it take ? We are in port from 7:30 -2

Good question...to be honest, I didn't look at my watch when we were done! Couldn't have been more than 2 hours or so. We started at 11 am (ship time) and were done in enough time for us to walk to the Southern Most Point marker for our obligatory photo, walk back to the area of Duvall and Greene, have lunch and several more drinks, do some shopping (OK, the ladies shopped, my friend and I stood around and had a few more frosty beverages) and still made it back aboard with time to spare. We were in port from 10 am to 4:30 pm.

Pete

We did the Pub Crawl on 1/17. We had a BLAST! We had Robert as our guide. There were 4 groups and a guide for each group. We were taken into town on the trolley since we were docked at the Outer Mole. We started at the Flying Monkey! There banana daiquiri was fantastic. You were give a choice of all their different flavors for your first drink. Be prepared for tipping at each bar. From there, we went to Rick's Place. We loved this bar. They had live music and the guy was really good! Did lots of Jimmy Buffet music! We had the choice between their speciality drink or any single liquor drink (rum & coke, Vodka & OJ, etc) or you could take your ticket next door to Angelina's and get a beer in a Pepsi cup with it. If you did this, you could bring the cup back and get a refill for a $1.00! My hubby took advantage of this. After Ricks, we went to the Lazy Gecko not too far away and had our beverage there. Stop #4 was the Tree Top Bar which was the same deal speciality or single liquor drink. We grabbed a slice of Pizza while we were next to Angelina's which was really good and helped absorb some of the liquor. Scott also got a refill on his beer while there too:) We headed towards the marina and stopped at the square for the Conch blowing contest. We had about 25 in our group and they chose 5 from all those that tried to blow the conch. My hubby was the last one to go. Before he got his chance, the guy before him blew so hard he actually passed out FACE FIRST! He had some nice cuts, and is lucky he didn't break his teeth. We later found out he told his friends he would blow until he passed out just to win the beads. My hubby and all the others agreed that he should have the beads. We made our final stop at Schooner's Wharf for our last drink. This is a great location right on the water and very relaxed. We took pictures and made sure to tip Robert well before making our way back to Duval Street. We started around 1pm and finished before 4pm. We made a few stops for shopping and made a stops at a few other bars as well. We were very sad that the weather didn't cooperate and we didn't get to enjoy sunset at Mallory Square due to rain but we had a great time and would do it again next visit!

Good question...to be honest, I didn't look at my watch when we were done! Couldn't have been more than 2 hours or so. We started at 11 am (ship time) and were done in enough time for us to walk to the Southern Most Point marker for our obligatory photo, walk back to the area of Duvall and Greene, have lunch and several more drinks, do some shopping (OK, the ladies shopped, my friend and I stood around and had a few more frosty beverages) and still made it back aboard with time to spare. We were in port from 10 am to 4:30 pm.

Pete

We did the Pub Crawl on 1/17. We had a BLAST! We had Robert as our guide. There were 4 groups and a guide for each group. We were taken into town on the trolley since we were docked at the Outer Mole. We started at the Flying Monkey! There banana daiquiri was fantastic. You were give a choice of all their different flavors for your first drink. Be prepared for tipping at each bar. From there, we went to Rick's Place. We loved this bar. They had live music and the guy was really good! Did lots of Jimmy Buffet music! We had the choice between their speciality drink or any single liquor drink (rum & coke, Vodka & OJ, etc) or you could take your ticket next door to Angelina's and get a beer in a Pepsi cup with it. If you did this, you could bring the cup back and get a refill for a $1.00! My hubby took advantage of this. After Ricks, we went to the Lazy Gecko not too far away and had our beverage there. Stop #4 was the Tree Top Bar which was the same deal speciality or single liquor drink. We grabbed a slice of Pizza while we were next to Angelina's which was really good and helped absorb some of the liquor. Scott also got a refill on his beer while there too:) We headed towards the marina and stopped at the square for the Conch blowing contest. We had about 25 in our group and they chose 5 from all those that tried to blow the conch. My hubby was the last one to go. Before he got his chance, the guy before him blew so hard he actually passed out FACE FIRST! He had some nice cuts, and is lucky he didn't break his teeth. We later found out he told his friends he would blow until he passed out just to win the beads. My hubby and all the others agreed that he should have the beads. We made our final stop at Schooner's Wharf for our last drink. This is a great location right on the water and very relaxed. We took pictures and made sure to tip Robert well before making our way back to Duval Street. We started around 1pm and finished before 4pm. We made a few stops for shopping and made a stops at a few other bars as well. We were very sad that the weather didn't cooperate and we didn't get to enjoy sunset at Mallory Square due to rain but we had a great time and would do it again next visit!

Thanks for the reviews So looking forward to it :D I hope we have a little time to look around, i am not sure what time the tour will start since we are there early and leave early.... :p

Archived