Anyone recommend a half day catamaran trip?

jratly

Check out the Golden Eagle catamaran. I don't snorkel ( blind as a bat ) but my brothers who do say the snorkeling was only so so, however the overall experience was very good. The crew makes it a point to see everyone has a good time. I think this is a Carnival excursion but you may be able to book it independently,Google Golden Eagle catamaran and see what comes up.

We would like a reputable tour with some good snorkeling, food and drink in St Martin!

The only really good snorkeling I have done on St. Martin is at Creole Rock so if snorkeling is important to you choose a trip that goes there.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give me an idea if I want to spend the cash to snorkle at Creole Rock. From the cruise ship taxi cost is $30 each way for 3 people. This is to Grand Case. The snorkle trip is $40 each. So far I am at $60 each for a few hours( at most 3 hours). If we eat in Grand Case area we add more to this price. How great is the snorkling?? We have snorkled many times in Western Carb and Maui. I understand everyone has different ideas of a good day, no idea what you will see, water and weather make a differences ect. Should I save my $200 or so and just make it a beach day?????

Thanks,

Relax and enjoy life.

Can you give me an idea if I want to spend the cash to snorkle at Creole Rock. From the cruise ship taxi cost is $30 each way for 3 people. This is to Grand Case. The snorkle trip is $40 each. So far I am at $60 each for a few hours( at most 3 hours). If we eat in Grand Case area we add more to this price. How great is the snorkling?? We have snorkled many times in Western Carb and Maui. I understand everyone has different ideas of a good day, no idea what you will see, water and weather make a differences ect. Should I save my $200 or so and just make it a beach day?????

Thanks,

Relax and enjoy life.

Great question. Two summers ago we snorkeled Creole Rock with Sebastian from Creole Rock watersports as our guide and we saw so many interesting fish. Last week we snorkeled it on our own as part of the Golden Eagle catamaran cruise and we saw some interesting fish but significantly less and the coral looked in worse shape to me. My first trip would have been worth $200 to me but the actual snorkeling at Creole Rock this time was not the highlight of my Catamaran excursion. In March there were dolphins out at Creole Rock which would have been awesome but like you said, everyday is different.

If there are lots of ships in port with you heading a little farther from the port and the most common beaches for cruisers might be worth the money. We will be in St. Maarten in January along with 6 other ships so we are renting a car and doing just that.

Archived