Danube Holiday Markets Dec. 9th "roll call"

Jesterscourt

I'm starting a thread on our Budapest to Passau 8 day (forgive me, Baybear!) Christmas Market Uniworld trip if anyone would like to chime in (even past passengers). This is going to be particularly exciting for us since we have already taken the Enchanting Danube trip on the same ship (River Beatrice) on her inaugural voyage a few years ago, with the exception that this holiday itinerary includes Bratislava instead of Melk.

By the way, Fred111 started an "All Christmas Market Tours-2012" in Cruise Critic's All River Cruises' Roll Calls section as well, which is, and promises to be, a wealth of information for anyone going on a Holiday Market cruise. Otherwise, as others have previously pointed out, specific river cruise roll calls are very hard to fill up, unlike ocean cruises which have thousands of passengers...

• 2 months later...

:) I have posted several times about this Uniworld cruise and no replies.

There are 4 of us. Experienced travelers, several cruises, but our first river cruise. LOVE the Christmas Markets.

Have heard many positives about Uniworld.

Arriving Budapest the day before and staying in Munich additional 2 nights, at the end.

We are really looking forward to our trip.

Susan

Queenie, we will be arriving 2 days early to Budapest and staying 2 days after in Munich as well. I'm sorry, this is the first time I have seen one of your posts! This is our 5th Uniworld cruise, and this is a great itinerary for a first river cruise! Looking forward to meeting you.

Steven

SOshrink,

With past experience on Uniworld cruises, and itinerary deviations, have you found them receptive to transfers? We bought our own air and are wondering about getting from Passau to Munich(Marienplatz area) . Uniworld will not make any prior commitments about the transfer to Munich airport. We have been advised to wait until we are on the cruise. Wondering if I should arrange our own or plan to use rail. We are familiar with Sbaun and Ubaun in Munich.

Our last visit to Budapest and Vienna was 1974. Many stories to tell about that trip, at that time. We are looking forward to returning.

Staying at the Marriott in Budapest.

Have a good one.

Susan

Archived