Majesty Le Bistro Menus

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has menus from Le Bistro a la carte restaurant on Majesty Please. Thanks in advance

Berwyn

There is only one menu as they didin't change it over the second week unlike on Dream. Here they are but i'm not sure how easy they are to read so........

Quick summary:

Warm feta cheese & potato gratin

Exotic fruit salad

Scallops risotto

Homard a le Parisienne (lobster)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thia Tom Yum soup

Mushroom Bisque

French Onion soup

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caesar salad

Insalata della casa (mixed lettuce plus dressing)

Insalata caprese (with mozzarella and dried ham)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suprme salmon

Crispy soya glazed duck

Rack of lamb

Fillet of beef

Boston blue lobster

Lobster thermidor

Vegetable pakora

Vegetable picatta and pasta

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strawberry Champagne sabayon

Amarena cherries jubilee (flambed with icecream)

Chocolate souffle

Crepes suzette

Fresh fruit platter

Cheese selection

We also had a complementary scallop to start, delicious champagne sorbet between the salad and main course and petit fours with coffee at the end of the meal. It was a eally good experience.

Majesty-181.jpg.c90111cc2ebddc20ed6ec0e088f9ef56.jpg

Majesty-182.jpg.9bb06ff57ec15b6988594a0ecb7308fa.jpg

There is only one menu as they didin't change it over the second week unlike on Dream. Here they are but i'm not sure how easy they are to read so........

Quick summary:

Warm feta cheese & potato gratin

Exotic fruit salad

Scallops risotto

Homard a le Parisienne (lobster)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thia Tom Yum soup

Mushroom Bisque

French Onion soup

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caesar salad

Insalata della casa (mixed lettuce plus dressing)

Insalata caprese (with mozzarella and dried ham)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suprme salmon

Crispy soya glazed duck

Rack of lamb

Fillet of beef

Boston blue lobster

Lobster thermidor

Vegetable pakora

Vegetable picatta and pasta

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strawberry Champagne sabayon

Amarena cherries jubilee (flambed with icecream)

Chocolate souffle

Crepes suzette

Fresh fruit platter

Cheese selection

We also had a complementary scallop to start, delicious champagne sorbet between the salad and main course and petit fours with coffee at the end of the meal. It was a eally good experience.

sounds lovely what was the charge for this

• 2 weeks later...

just returned from pearls of the agean/adriatic discovery on the majesty. We ate at la bistro on captains night (week 2 - one captains nights enough) we paid £38.00 for two and must say excellent value and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Reservations have to be made for la bistro.

just returned from pearls of the agean/adriatic discovery on the majesty. We ate at la bistro on captains night (week 2 - one captains nights enough) we paid £38.00 for two and must say excellent value and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Reservations have to be made for la bistro.

Thanks for the extra info Giggles. Glad to get good reports back.

Berwyn

oooh Berwyn I must have missed the info that you are off on majesty in sept! hope you like her, want a full run down when you get back please! Adriatic is the only itinerary left for me to do on Thomson and I was resigned not to go when it was Destiny doing it (really couldnt do another cruise in those shoebox family cabins), but now its Majesty I'm tempted again!

oooh Berwyn I must have missed the info that you are off on majesty in sept! hope you like her, want a full run down when you get back please! Adriatic is the only itinerary left for me to do on Thomson and I was resigned not to go when it was Destiny doing it (really couldnt do another cruise in those shoebox family cabins), but now its Majesty I'm tempted again!

Hi Clare,

As good as the hotel holiday was last month we both missed our cruise and waking up in a new place every day. So we were naughty and booked it. We're off on 21st Sept. Will give full report and pics on our return.

Berwyn

Hi Clare,

As good as the hotel holiday was last month we both missed our cruise and waking up in a new place every day. So we were naughty and booked it. We're off on 21st Sept. Will give full report and pics on our return.

Berwyn

What type of cabin have you got Berwyn? It's a great itinerary - I'm sure you'll love it. :)

What type of cabin have you got Berwyn? It's a great itinerary - I'm sure you'll love it. :)

We've got an inside plus on deck 4. Having read here that the standard ones were small so we opted for the bigger one. And we get the fridge too.

Everyone says how fantastic and senic this one is. We've cruised down the Adriatic before, last year on Star Princess. But left from Venice and only stopped at Dubrovnic on way to Greece and Turkey.

Berwyn

We've got an inside plus on deck 4. Having read here that the standard ones were small so we opted for the bigger one. And we get the fridge too.

Everyone says how fantastic and senic this one is. We've cruised down the Adriatic before, last year on Star Princess. But left from Venice and only stopped at Dubrovnic on way to Greece and Turkey.

Berwyn

Im sure you will have a fantastic time, great to have it so soon and no long wait for it to come round :D

Lysette (Thomson kids host currently on Majesty) says the ship is nice, although she has reported 3 times (that Im aware of!) the overflowing toilet problem in the staff deck cabins - havent been keeping up with posts on here so dont know if this affected the whole ship or just the staff deck and if there were lots of passengers affected or not. She also said the cabins are bigger than Destiny (but not much) and its less tired looking, but entertainment areas are not as big or as accessible. She is loving the itinerary though and her photos on facebook have made me very jealous LOL

Im sure you will have a fantastic time, great to have it so soon and no long wait for it to come round :D

Lysette (Thomson kids host currently on Majesty) says the ship is nice, although she has reported 3 times (that Im aware of!) the overflowing toilet problem in the staff deck cabins - havent been keeping up with posts on here so dont know if this affected the whole ship or just the staff deck and if there were lots of passengers affected or not. She also said the cabins are bigger than Destiny (but not much) and its less tired looking, but entertainment areas are not as big or as accessible. She is loving the itinerary though and her photos on facebook have made me very jealous LOL

Hi Clare, the 1st reviews when Thomson took her over were not good, like when they had the Dream in 2010. But the latest ones have been very good. Have not noticed many major probs with the toilets in the comments.

Berwyn

Berwyn

Oh good - you should be fine for space then. :) I was just going to warn you about how tiny the standard ones are and also about the noise and vibration at the back of Deck 4 and going to suggest you book a specific cabin mid-ships as I wouldn't want you to end up there as it would put a dampener on your enjoyment I reckon.

I've just looked a the deck plans and from what I can make out the problem area doesn't appear to have any 'plus' cabins so you should be ok. (It might be worth you going checking this area out for future travellers when the ship is underway to see if it's still a problem or whether they have been able to improve it at all although I fear that isn't likely!)

Anyway have a great time - I'm sure you will - the itinerary is stunning, the food and service excellent. ;)

Oh good - you should be fine for space then. :) I was just going to warn you about how tiny the standard ones are and also about the noise and vibration at the back of Deck 4 and going to suggest you book a specific cabin mid-ships as I wouldn't want you to end up there as it would put a dampener on your enjoyment I reckon.

I've just looked a the deck plans and from what I can make out the problem area doesn't appear to have any 'plus' cabins so you should be ok. (It might be worth you going checking this area out for future travellers when the ship is underway to see if it's still a problem or whether they have been able to improve it at all although I fear that isn't likely!)

Anyway have a great time - I'm sure you will - the itinerary is stunning, the food and service excellent. ;)

Thanks for the warning Kruzseeka, but too late for us. Good job I'd looked at deck plans first. We've booked 4040 just forward of the central stairwell on the port side. I think it should be OK.

Berwyn

Thanks for the warning Kruzseeka, but too late for us. Good job I'd looked at deck plans first. We've booked 4040 just forward of the central stairwell on the port side. I think it should be OK.

Berwyn

We had 4050 - you're not far away and ours was fine in terms of being quiet. So good night's sleep for you! ;)

With regard to itinerary Venice is of course amazing and easy to access on your own by vaparetto (water bus). Koper tends to be closed on a Sunday. I was worried about the safety in the Postjana Caves on a trip that we went on but I was in a minority there. The capital Lubljana is said to be nice but I haven't been there. One thing you need to make sure of is that you get up early for the sail in to Montenegro. It is spectacular and Montenegro is a great place with nice people... very civilized. We didn't go into Dubrovnik itself instead opting for an excursion on a boat, island hopping. It was very relaxing. It is a great itinerary, you will love it.

With regard to itinerary Venice is of course amazing and easy to access on your own by vaparetto (water bus). Koper tends to be closed on a Sunday. I was worried about the safety in the Postjana Caves on a trip that we went on but I was in a minority there. The capital Lubljana is said to be nice but I haven't been there. One thing you need to make sure of is that you get up early for the sail in to Montenegro. It is spectacular and Montenegro is a great place with nice people... very civilized. We didn't go into Dubrovnik itself instead opting for an excursion on a boat, island hopping. It was very relaxing. It is a great itinerary, you will love it.

We've been to Venice on our own before and thanks for the info and tips on the others.

Berwyn

Archived