Celebration All Inclusive

Ok so having a look into the All Inclusive Package:confused: What is included

Bar Menu...Can you order anything from this or is there a different list for those on AI

Why is bottled water Chargeable, Surely this is way cheaper than Alcohol also are we not to be encouraged to consume water between drinks

Mini Bar in Room, This is chargeable to account I have that information

I have typed in bar to right looking for info but TBH a lot of it is a bit dated and not to mention confusing...

Oh one more..Cider included or not?

With lots of thanks for those who will help on these questions:o

On the menus there is a supplement for drinks that aren't included. Bottled water has never been included but you can usually help yourself to "tap" water in the Lido & it is usually served to you in the MDR also.

As far as I know cider is not included - my husband can't drink beer for medical reasons and has not been able to have cider included - he has had to pay a supplement - or chose from the other large variety of wines, spirits, cocktails etc etc - he's managed to find enough to drink in 2 weeks without having cider!;)

By the way, to Wddeni I believe the Celebration's AI is changing to be in line with the other ships for 2013 - Spirit did have slightly less choice of AI drinks than Celebration

On the menus there is a supplement for drinks that aren't included. Bottled water has never been included but you can usually help yourself to "tap" water in the Lido & it is usually served to you in the MDR also.

As far as I know cider is not included - my husband can't drink beer for medical reasons and has not been able to have cider included - he has had to pay a supplement - or chose from the other large variety of wines, spirits, cocktails etc etc - he's managed to find enough to drink in 2 weeks without having cider!;)

By the way, to Wddeni I believe the Celebration's AI is changing to be in line with the other ships for 2013 - Spirit did have slightly less choice of AI drinks than Celebration

Julessmiles

Thank you so much for your info, My OH said bottled water should be provided regardless lol especially when it will be platinum:cool:

We were offered the AI package on boarding Celebration on 1st July - £416 (or thereabouts) per person.

My response was restricted to two words, the second of which was OFF !!!

Are you sure this was for 1 person. I paid £69 for a week AI.

Are you sure this was for 1 person. I paid £69 for a week AI.

The price of the AI rises as you get nearer the sailing date. It starts free, then increases to £69, £99, £199 (and then sometimes back down to £69/£99) depending on how well the cruise is selling.

Edit - I should also point out that Wee County Man was on the Spirit, not the Celebration! AI can be purchased onboard at full price on the ex UK sailings.

Bar Menu...Can you order anything from this or is there a different list for those on AI

Why is bottled water Chargeable, Surely this is way cheaper than Alcohol also are we not to be encouraged to consume water between drinks

I have typed in bar to right looking for info but TBH a lot of it is a bit dated and not to mention confusing...

With lots of thanks for those who will help on these questions

Only things not included was cranberry juice (although readily available at breakfast - cocktails with c j had a supplement), champagne and BOTTLES of water - you can ask for a glass of iced water no problem - so yes you can have your "healthy" glass of water between drinks lol!!! Speciality coffees (liqueur coffees) are a supplement, although I suppose you could order a coffee and a whiskey!! My husband and I enjoyed a port and a Drambuie after dinner most nights - all included. Very good AI if you like a tipple. I beleive there may have been a bar that served draft cider, although not entirely sure. I know some were buying cider, so sorry I cant help with that. Service etc all excellent.

With lots of thanks for those who will help on these questions

Only things not included was cranberry juice (although readily available at breakfast - cocktails with c j had a supplement), champagne and BOTTLES of water - you can ask for a glass of iced water no problem - so yes you can have your "healthy" glass of water between drinks lol!!! Speciality coffees (liqueur coffees) are a supplement, although I suppose you could order a coffee and a whiskey!! My husband and I enjoyed a port and a Drambuie after dinner most nights - all included. Very good AI if you like a tipple. I beleive there may have been a bar that served draft cider, although not entirely sure. I know some were buying cider, so sorry I cant help with that. Service etc all excellent.

Thank you so much for your help

Drink is really not of great importance lol, however [i do enjoy a few but like nice food also..[i am trying to get a bigger picture on the whole cruise being our first time:)

We were offered the AI package on boarding Celebration on 1st July - £416 (or thereabouts) per person.

My response was restricted to two words, the second of which was OFF !!!

Jesus....that is a mighty price, but broken down if for 14 nights £30 per person per day, I suppose this does not suit everyone depending on what will be consumed especially if off Ship doing trips, Therefore not benefiting on AI:confused:

Jesus....that is a mighty price, but broken down if for 14 nights £30 per person per day, I suppose this does not suit everyone depending on what will be consumed especially if off Ship doing trips, Therefore not benefiting on AI:confused:

In my recent experience AI in a decent 4 star tourist hotel abroad is about half of that.

We had a normal holiday ongoing alcohol intake on board (regulars at happy hour) and the final reckoning was less than 50% of what was being asked for AI for a couple.

Jules

Its November this year AI changes on Celebration and The Dream in line with the rest of the fleet

Comparing The Majesty drinks list to the Dreams what "changing to come in line with the rest of the fleet" actually means is, less choice and more supplemented drinks

In my recent experience AI in a decent 4 star tourist hotel abroad is about half of that.

We had a normal holiday ongoing alcohol intake on board (regulars at happy hour) and the final reckoning was less than 50% of what was being asked for AI for a couple.

In reply to that...you made the right decision:)

Jules

Its November this year AI changes on Celebration and The Dream in line with the rest of the fleet

Comparing The Majesty drinks list to the Dreams what "changing to come in line with the rest of the fleet" actually means is, less choice and more supplemented drinks

You would think that due to Platinum Status this would also include drinks variety being improved not reduced:confused:

You would think that due to Platinum Status this would also include drinks variety being improved not reduced:confused:

Corporate bean counters at play again :rolleyes:

You may remember they tried to make drastic changes to the AI a few years ago and there was such an outcry they backed off.

Here is an opportunity to claw back some of those changes.

Many would think that.The Dreams drink list at the moment is more extensive than the Majesty and other ships in the fleet I expect and the way its worded that "it will be brought in line with the rest of the fleet" does suggest a downgrading sadly..Time will tell

Agree with dave

We got free AI, Well TBH you really pay for it in costing:cool:

Yeah no brainer defo

I don't recall AI being offered (free or otherwise) with Spirit sailings from Newcastle, not that I looked for such.

Even if it had, we would have missed out, as we don't book that far ahead before the special offer cutoff date.

You're right, it's swings and roundabouts - what you gain by early booking is balanced out by booking at reduced fares later.

I don't recall AI being offered (free or otherwise) with Spirit sailings from Newcastle, not that I looked for such.

Even if it had, we would have missed out, as we don't book that far ahead before the special offer cutoff date.

You're right, it's swings and roundabouts - what you gain by early booking is balanced out by booking at reduced fares later.

AI was available on Spirit this summer, but only after you boarded the ship and even then at full price. There were drink packages on offer as well. eg Pre-buy 35 pints of lager and get each one at £1 off. I managed to go through 2 such packages :eek::D

Archived