Carnival Conquest

emdia43

I am trying to decide whether to drive to New Orkeans for Carnival Conquest to the Western Caribbean. How easy/difficult is it to find the parking area for this ship and is there a shuttle to the terminal? Thanks

I am trying to decide whether to drive to New Orkeans for Carnival Conquest to the Western Caribbean. How easy/difficult is it to find the parking area for this ship and is there a shuttle to the terminal? Thanks

There is plenty of parking. You will find lots of info on the NOLA Port-of-call board here... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

I have sailed from NO twice, but last time was several years ago. Finding the parking area is not difficult, but the congestion is pretty severe. You should get replies from some locals with info on best way to get there as there are several options available.

Just back from The Conquest!!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Kenner. Free cruise parking at the hotel and it was $13 each way per person for the shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Lori

Holiday Inn on Convention Center Blvd has a Park & Cruise special. The price varies depending on the time of year. Check out their site at http://holiday-inn-select-new-orleans-convention-center.com/html/new_orleans_hotel_discounts_.html. You park at the park garage on Fulton Street (next door) and use their shuttle to get to the ship.

Also if you want more info on the Conquest check out my homepage.

LoriTX...are you going to post a review ont he Conquest? I would love to hear all about her. Specifically if you felt things were run down, I undersatnd she is scheduled for dry dock in August and I amconcerned because we are sailing in August...Thanks

We cruised on the Conquest in April. Lot's of disarray for people needing Taxis and relatives picking them up. We parked our car with Machu Picchu Tours http://www.machupicchutours.com/index.htm They were great. They took our bags from our car and put them in one of their vans, gave use some beads, an let us rest in their garden while another family unloaded. When we returned, they were waiting at the Pier for us, umong all the caos, they found us. We were back at our car before we knew it and on our way out of NO. The owner even let us try his freshly picked figs. We will use them the next time we are in NO.

I got off the Conquest a week ago as well and it was an awesome time!! We have the cruise blues, can't wait to to again. The boat was in no way run down, but very fresh and beautiful. :D

We parked at the Fulton parking area, and took the shuttle they provide to the boat, very simple. I think it came out to be $84 for parking. We loved sailing out of the Mississippi a beautiful evening and sunset.

We also enjoyed the ports of call, I recommend a-z excursions in Jamacia and go to YS falls instead of the overcrowded Dunns River Falls where they hound you for tips. Snorkeling in Grand Cayman (gotta do the stingrays) and Cozumel was great!

Karen

This is for Karen who just posted or anyone else who knows. We were told that Conquest cruisers were told to park somewhere else when they got to Fulton St. garage? Something like "Melponomone St."?? Anybody know? We leave next weekend.

Thanks.

Archived