Prepaid Gratuities Charged on CC Before or After Cruise?

I just checked my credit card statement and next to the charges from my Sea Pass card, there is another mysterious charge of $ 52.05 from RCCL, I am wondering if its part of the prepaid gratuities or what?

When I booked my cruise with my Am Ex card, I chose the Pre Paid Gratuities and Guest Relations confirmed this the night of departure when I started going through those tipping envelopes..

are the prep paid gratuities charged to the credit card AFTER the cruise is over?? :confused::confused:

I just checked my credit card statement and next to the charges from my Sea Pass card, there is another mysterious charge of $ 52.05 from RCCL, I am wondering if its part of the prepaid gratuities or what?

When I booked my cruise with my Am Ex card, I chose the Pre Paid Gratuities and Guest Relations confirmed this the night of departure when I started going through those tipping envelopes..

are the prep paid gratuities charged to the credit card AFTER the cruise is over?? :confused::confused:

It's not been my experience that pre-paid gratuities show up as a separate charge. Normally they are just part of the final payment, and that shows up as one charge on my credit card. I'd double check what you were charged for final payment and see if that included the gratuities. If so, then you need to call Royal and ask them to explain the additional charge.

A towel charge maybe? If you selected to prepaid gratuities when you booked the cruise it should have been listed on the confirmation and included with your payment. You should call RCI and ask what the charge was for.

Thanks, I just called them (after tracking down the correct phone number out of the bazillion on their website:rolleyes:) and was told the charge was just a pre-authorization that gets dropped since it was still showing as "pending" on my statement (I usually pay my bill online so the extra line threw me off). The tips were already paid for..so there should be no more charges..

WHEW!! :D

Archived