Number and Type(s) of Electrical Outlets on Epic (in cabins)?

Avril

I'm sailing the Epic in December :D and always like to have as many places as possible to plug in my electronics (camera, cell phone, iPod, etc) so I'm just wondering, how many outlets are there in the cabins (we're in a regular balcony) and what kind(s) are they? I'll probably need to get an adaptor but I need to know what type(s) to get and how many of them.

By the way, I'm from Canada so use the same kind of outlet as the USA so I'm really wondering about outlets from places outside of North America.

Thanks!!!! :D

There are only two outlets in the room. One is sort of hidden behind a cabinet door. Follow the cord from your coffee maker and you'll find it. We plugged a surge protector/power strip into it and made it charging central.

The other is in the medicine cabinet, along the bottom edge. Hubby used it for his electric razor.

Both use North American standard 110 plugs, so no adaptor needed. Don't remember if they were both this way, but the plug in the medicine cabinet would take either 220 or 110 plugs. Pretty handy.

Awesome, thanks!! :D The power strip is a great idea!! :D I'm going to have to look for one of those. On all the ships I've ever been on, they have 2 outlets but 1 is 110 volts and the other is 220. I've heard of people getting an adaptor so they can use both and I thought that's a pretty good idea. That is handy to have them be able to take both. Wait, what? There's a coffee maker in the cabin? WOO HOO, I like NCL already and I haven't even set foot on the ship yet!!!! :D :D

I'll be on Epic not long before you. Historically, when I'm travelling, I found a mini power strip that has two USB outlets in addition to three regular electrical plugs. It saves so much space, both in my luggage and in my room - and works just as well.

The Epic has both US and European sockets, so of you take the relevant adaptors you can free up more sockets.

Are the European ones 220 volts? And how many of the sockets are there (I'm guessing 1 of each but just want to make sure)? I just need to know how many European style adaptors I'll need!! I just think it'll be really useful to be able to use the European plugs as well!!!! :D

Sent from my iPad

Are the European ones 220 volts? And how many of the sockets are there (I'm guessing 1 of each but just want to make sure)? I just need to know how many European style adaptors I'll need!! I just think it'll be really useful to be able to use the European plugs as well!!!! :D

Sent from my iPad

The Contenetal European outlet. Many of the chargers work on either 110 or 220 so you just need the adapter instead of the converter. For the type of adapter you can buy in Canada that would be the two round plug type.

Archived