Star Review July 15-22

Were there any staff members who stood out. Did you nominate anyone as a "Vacation Hero"?

We thought the Hotel Director was very nice in sending us those little snacks & the bottle of wine during out trip. He stands out as the most memorable staff member, although we never did meet him personally.

what is the email address for Norwegian? Ive been searching for it to email them, thanks and great review!:)

Where did u send a letter to them. Did u use the email address that is on

The main website? I would like to write them about a couple things.

And was wondering if they actual read it and reply. Thanks

astuart@ncl.com is the man i wrote to. he is the executive vice president of global sales and passenger services. they dont advertise email addresses anymore it seems. i remember last year they did though, they even had the address for kevin sheehan, which i believe is ksheehan@ncl.com andy stuart also has a twitter account so u could write to him there. his name on twitter is "nclandy".

... (after first lunch)...Unfortunately, that was the first and last good meal we had on the ship. We were not fans of the food at all. We ate at the buffet, Aqua & Versailles. We did not go to any of the specialty restaurants. Maybe the food was better there, but the main dining rooms food stunk in our opinion.

That sounds like a mighty large aspect of the cruise that didn't live up to expectations.

That sounds like a mighty large aspect of the cruise that didn't live up to expectations.

My friend and I were on the same sailing of the Star. We ate at some specialty restaurants; the best was Le Bistro, I had the extra price lobster in fancy french sauce that was more than worth it, also had wonderful chocolate fondue, better than anything in the chocolate buffet. Cagneys and Moderno were good, we didn't like our entree at La Cucina, but the tiramisu dessert was delicious. We had one dinner each at

Versailles, acceptable, at Aqua, mediocre and at Blue Lagoon very salty snack food. We had great breakfasts and acceptable lunch at Versailles

with very good service from the waitors. We had lunch at the buffet: there was a wide choice, the taste depended on what you picked.

This was not the best cruise for people who want a high standard of well seasoned food, since the food appeared simplified so as not to offend anybody by strong tastes. The appetizers and desserts were better than the entrees in terms of taste. The nice service at Versailles dining room and at the specialty restaruants made the meals very pleasant.

Yes you're right we were allowed to go there but we never did. Looking back I wish we had, but there just was never enough time in the day to do everything we wanted to do!

Thanks for the great review, it brought me back to this April when we took the Star from Tampa to NYC. :)

I don't want to rub this more to your face but the breakfasts in the Cagney's were simply to die for. The last cruise was my second one that I had the possibility and I didn't miss a day (other than few lazy mornings on which we ordered room service). My "usual" was just scrambled eggs with bacon and potatoes and waffle with berries and cream, but how good were those when served fresh from grill and not from buffet. Only like third to last day I tried steak and eggs and it really rocked my world - steak is definitely not among usual breakfast items here so it was my first time experiencing that. :)

I'm kind of afraid thinking about the next two cruises as I'm quite sure that I won't visit Cagney's the whole time on board. :D

Anyway it's great reading this kind of upbeat review that takes me back to my own memories so vividly. :)

Archived