Carnival Arcade question

braz88

Will be traveling with my 2 DS's and I know they will want to check out the arcade at some point during our 8 night cruise.

What is the cost per game and do you charge the cost of the games to the s&s card?

Will be traveling with my 2 DS's and I know they will want to check out the arcade at some point during our 8 night cruise.

What is the cost per game and do you charge the cost of the games to the s&s card?

You can put in cash or use your sign and sail card. All games are $1.25 each except for air hockey which is $1.50.

I had to get help from my DS to answer this one.

He says that there is a machine in the arcade that you put your S&S card in and get tokens or you can use cash for the tokens. Each token is the same as a quarter. Most games take 2-4 tokens.

In case anybody is worried

There is a way to limit the amount of token Jr is able to buy in a day.

Please tell me how!! On an NCL cruise, my then 9 yr old son managed to rack up quite a charge trying to win something worthless in a machine! We didn't think he had charge priviledges, apparently he did! I was wondering if it was possible to put limits on the card.

Personally I think the Arcade games are grossly over priced. The games for the most part are old and outdated yet you still have to pay $1.25 for them. They even had some games from the 80s like galaga and pacman that they were charging 75 cents to play. I heard of kids that racked up $200-300 bills playing arcade games.

I have found the best way for kids to play video games during cruises is

1) Try to get them to do other things - hopefully physical activities

2) Bring a game system on board. We had their 3DS and a kindle and that seem to work for the most part.

3) tell them they can play a bit in Camp Carnival

My grandkids each had a $40 limit on their sign & sail cards. I was with them when they purchased most of their items so they really didn't use their cards. On the last night of our cruise my granddaughter (age 10) was in Camp Carnival, or so I thought! I was just glancing at our folio on TV because it was our last night and wanted to see what charges we had on our account. As I was looking this list came up:

7/20 09:25 video arcade $5.00

7/20 09:44 video arcade $5.00

7/20 09:59 video arcade $5.00

7/20 10:03 video arcade $5.00

7/20 10:07 video arcade $5.00

7/20 10:11 video arcade $5.00

First off besides it piling up really fast and her not being where she was supposed to be, she was supposed to be back at the cabin by 10:00 when Camp Carnival closed. We found her when we went looking and she was surprised that we were so upset. She got sent right back to the cabin and to bed and had the nerve to be mad at us!!!!! She did have a good time on the cruise though and made a very good friend who she was joined at the hip with through most of the cruise. They were pretty good about checking in and being where they were supposed to be but next time there would be stricter limits on the arcade for sure!!!

I am not judging BUT at 10 years old to be left unsupervised on a ship past 10pm is my concern let alone her spending money in the arcade! Don't you need to sign in and out for kids that age at the camp? My kids are 12, 10, and 8 and they will NOT be allowed to wander around the ship without supervision at any time during the day. Sorry if this offends anyone!

I am not judging BUT at 10 years old to be left unsupervised on a ship past 10pm is my concern let alone her spending money in the arcade! Don't you need to sign in and out for kids that age at the camp? My kids are 12, 10, and 8 and they will NOT be allowed to wander around the ship without supervision at any time during the day. Sorry if this offends anyone!

Kids 9 and above can sign themselves in and out of camp carnival if you allow them to.

Archived