Med weather in late November

CarleenD

Yes, I'm already thinking about my wardrobe! I'm doing Rome -> Greece -> Turkey -> Egypt -> Rome on November 21 (Jade), and I'm wondering what kind of weather can I expect? I would think it'd be ungodly hot in Egypt, but Rome I'm not so sure.

Carleen

Yes, I'm already thinking about my wardrobe! I'm doing Rome -> Greece -> Turkey -> Egypt -> Rome on November 21 (Jade), and I'm wondering what kind of weather can I expect? I would think it'd be ungodly hot in Egypt, but Rome I'm not so sure.

Carleen

I admit this was the most difficult cruise I ever packed for (especially since we started our trip on land in Northern Italy). You need to pack layers. Italy may be cool - I needed long sleeves and/or a light jacket. While Egypt can be hot, it varies throughout the day. In the photo you will see my sister even has a jacket on - mostly to carry stuff in the pockets (we used travel jacket and vest rather than carry big bags around), but she was not uncomfortable early in the day. Later on, she unzipped the sleeves from her jacket - a perfect travel item. P1030659.JPG

In Turkey and Greece, we needed our light jackets in the morning, but shed them by afternoon.

To cut down on the size of the suit case, one of my best investments was a couple pair of pants that roll up to be cropped pants for warm weather, but roll down for cooler weather. ;) If you are going to ride a camel, I might suggest long pants though. My sister had no problem in her cropped pants, but I got a rash on my ankles and calves, the area where skin was exposed to the camel and/or his blanket. I hadn't even thought about it but I do have very sensitive skin. :o

We were by no means fashion plates, but we were comfortable and packed as light as possible for an amazing vacation! :)

Enjoy!

Archived