Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

We won't be cruising again until 8/2013 but I am happy if this is true. My first ever cruise the food choices were very good. Not long after that they changed to what it is now. While we have always been able to find Something we were happy with , some nights I had to read the menue a few times to see what I could make look better :o. I guess I don't have a "mature" palate and some things just don't sound too good. This new menue IF TRUE has alot more that I enjoy !!

I've read the last few pages as I was looking to see if there was anything about the TA webinar. anyone have info from that?

Several posts from people who listened to the webinar (starting with #174)......nothing was mentioned about the topic of this thread..

Very interesting sailing 8/26 of freedom and they are rolling this out on the 29th mid cruise this will be cool!!! :cool:

The OP said Freedom rolls out the new menu on JULY 29, so it should be in place for your 8/26 cruise.

Judy

Hopefully, the menus will change. I took two cruises in 2012 and booked a Celebrity cruise for 2013. The service and entertainment on RCCL is always excellent. On my 2011 Med Cruise , the food was awful. I can tolerate not being able to bring my own wine onboard, but I can't tolerate boring and tasteless food.

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

New entrees will include:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Baked Lasagna (baked in it's own individual dish)

- Beef Sliders

- Each night there will be an entree salad with a featured protien

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

New Desserts will include:

- Mile High Lemon Merengue Pie

- REAL NY style cheesecake

- Baked Alaska is making a return.. and will be served in individual portions--

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

- Some chocolate, kahlua pie?

To enhance the new menu, all the tablewear and dishes will also be redesigned.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

I sure hope you are right.

Hopefully this means they'll be getting rid of "beef stroganoff night"-- That night on our Spring Mariner cruise, the only thing our waiter could recommend was the Chop's Steak :eek::eek:. If this is true, it will send us over the edge for Royal once and for all. Carnival's food really is better than Royal's at this point, but these new improvements seem like Royal may win on all fronts now (food, entertainment, and ship features/design).

Looking forward to your updates! We sail on Oasis on Sept. 22, so if this is true, we should get to experience the new menus fairly soon! --Katie

Beef Stroganoff replaced Rack of Lamb -- one of the dishes I hope his being added back into the menu.

I dont know why people are doubting this. As others have pointed out Goldstein has previously mentioned menus getting updated.

"In addition, our Food and Beverage team is currently working on a complete menu revision which we will be tested this summer onboard one of our ships and could start rolling out to the rest of the fleet as soon as late this year."

I highlighted the most important word in his entire answer. Its from his April 2012 blog. Not to mention some of these items have already been seen on board a ship or two. Maybe the whole list won't make the final cut, but obviously many of them are and its obvious they are changing the menus this year. I just hope they change the menus on Mariner by Dec 16.

I dont know why people are doubting this. As others have pointed out Goldstein has previously mentioned menus getting updated.

"In addition, our Food and Beverage team is currently working on a complete menu revision which we will be tested this summer onboard one of our ships and could start rolling out to the rest of the fleet as soon as late this year."

I highlighted the most important word in his entire answer. Its from his April 2012 blog. Not to mention some of these items have already been seen on board a ship or two. Maybe the whole list won't make the final cut, but obviously many of them are and its obvious they are changing the menus this year.

Hope you are right. Rack of Lamb costs more than Beef Stroganoff so hope it's back on the menu.

I think this has all been a terrible hoax

You might at least wait until the dates when the first few ships slated to get the new menus has passed before making such a judgement. The webinar was advertised as dealing with the revitalization process involving all of the ships in the fleet and had nothing to do with any introduction of a new and improved menu in the main dining room. They are two separate and distinct things, so no one should read anything into the absence of information on the menu from the webinar's presentation. Freedom is supposed to get the new menu items with its next sailing so we may know more in a little more than a week.

Why don't you check out our 26 Aug 2012 thread. We are at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1478313.

Several events have been planned in addition to the M&M and you are welcome to join in.

RedWing50, come back and see us.

Hi Steve,,,Tobyhilda here,,we are doing Sept 8,Oasis, Dec 8, Indy,,,will I see you.???

Archived