Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

This is GREAT news if it's correct....and yes there is a formal Royal webinar today....so interesting:

My thoughts are this will be a specialty restaurant killer.....so I wonder how they will up their game there to keep up:confused:

All positive news though:)

I think that the specialty restaurants will continue to draw from among the passengers who want to celebrate a special occasion, or who enjoy the more intimate venue, the personalized service and more cooked to order menu items. We normally only visit one of the specialty restaurants once or twice during a cruise and our dining pattern will probably not change that much, although the new menus may make what we currently find to be a pleasant dining experience, and even more pleasant one.

New menu or not, the experience will still, as always, depend on the ability of the cooks to translate that menu into a fabulous meal. Menu descriptions are one thing, the results provided by the kitchen staff can be something else.

What will we do without the 197 threads started each week with titles like "MDR food is made by Purina," or "I haven't Been To The MDR is 14 Years," or "I dropped 2 pants sizes on my last cruise ....." !!! We're DOOMED!

Oh the humanity!!!!! :):):)

Come on, it will still be lot of subjects that people can complain about. You know - first world problems.

"Buhuu, I dont like this, and I dont like that.. Buhuu, I cant bring wine"

etc etc etc. Whining and complaining will never stop:)

Whilst I know that alot of people will be interseted by this reveal, and all will be pleased about its content, I find it bizarre that the OP who calls themselves Loyal2RCCL, displays their Loyalty by spilling the beans before any official announcements are made. Or are they really Loyal2ITOLDYOUSO......:rolleyes::D

And I find this post a bit bizarre. :rolleyes:

I live in MA about an hour from Maine.....lobsters are best from Maine and yes here our supermarkets sell hard shells Maines for $3.99# and you can get them to steam them for you at the same price....I can not bring myself to cook them myself. Restaurants here are are doing twin lobster dinners (1-1&1/4# ea) for $16-25 and that includes sides.

NOW cruiselines can buy at around $3# in bulk while docked here and $3.50# if getting them shipped HOWEVER prices do vary during the year so they have to establish a price that covers them at the high end.....soft shells are cheaper......no matter,o when in Maine they steam in sea water and there is an art to this so I never expect the same dish as you would get on a cruise. Like most dining experiences when in a small venue more care can be taken in the cooking....when you are serving 3000 people it is a hard to control every dish.

I have had lobster many times on a ship and have to say I have never experienced what I have in Maine BUT THEN as long as it isn't overcooked (main reason ship lobster is tough) most people will enjoy lobster.

Enjoy all the good things that may happen....can't wait to have escargot as often as I wish!!

Bon Voyage!!

MDR menu changes are great news. DH and I have given up eating in the MDR and choose instead to eat only in specialty dining venues on our cruises. Having these changes may lure us back to the MDR.

Have had rack of lamb and sea bass on every RCCL Cruise so that's not new

We cruised RCCL for the first time this past March on the Liberty. No rack of lamb offered there. The offered a lamb shank, which is NOT rack of lamb. While kind of tasty, it was a huge chunk of lamb with lots of fat. Definitely, the nice elegant rack of lamb dish.

I gotta wonder how this will affect the revenue stream from specialty dining. Like others I've got no problem paying the extra for higher quality food in the MDR. I was contemplating a night at Chops this year after I had the filet last October in the MDR, but I do very much enjoy dining at a table of ten and enjoying the company of others, so this is win win for me! :D

Oh that's an easy one for the cruise line. All they have to do is add more formal nights and the specialty restaurants will be full:p

The $24.99 Steamed Main Lobster isn't replacing anything as it's already on the MDR menu. it's been on every cruise menu that I've taken in the past years.

I have never seen a MAINE lobster offered on a RCL cruise

and I haven't seen rack of lamb in years

The $24.99 Steamed Main Lobster isn't replacing anything as it's already on the MDR menu. it's been on every cruise menu that I've taken in the past years.

The rack of lamb has not been on the MDR menu for quite some time.

The whole Maine lobster has not been on the MDR menu fleet wide and it is a recent addition. What has been on the menu is a lobster tail and very seldom has it been a Maine lobster.

This new menu is a welcome change! Can't wait to hear from cruisers who get to try the new menu first. :)

I have never seen a MAINE lobster offered on a RCL cruise

and I haven't seen rack of lamb in years

The Maine lobster is a pretty new offering. It's on the side panel of the MDR menu. From my Liberty cruise this past March:

IMG_0372.jpg

Archived