Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

The rack of lamb has not been on the MDR menu for quite some time.

The whole Maine lobster has not been on the MDR menu fleet wide and it is a recent addition. What has been on the menu is a lobster tail and very seldom has it been a Maine lobster.

Yes, a live, steamed, Maine lobster is a heck of a lot different than the little frozen lobster tails we have been getting for all these years

Nothing on the webinar about MDR changes, except for changing the icon used to indicate vegetarian meals.

I see that the scheduled webinar should be going on right now

Now Our Best Ship Is Every Ship! Description: Join us for a can't-miss webinar featuring two special guests from our Onboard Activities and Food & Beverage departments, who will provide their expert insights about our exciting fleetwide upgrades. Learn how to effectively make these enhancements part of your talk track every time you sell a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT)

The only real disappointment on our first (and only) RCCL cruise thus far was the food. Not what I would call bad, by any means, but definitely surpassed in every way by every other experience on the Liberty (service, entertainment, ship design, etc.). No mention of beef wellington (my personal favourite), but if the changes mentioned in this thread are true, I will more than happy to continue to sail with RCCL. We were considering booking Celebrity for our next cruise after our upcoming Oasis cruise simply because of the food, but this may keep us loyal to the Royal brand.

Listening to the webinar...they just had the food and beverage segment....there was absolutely no mention of any changes to the MDR.

Webinar is over no mention of new MDR menus.

Well that sure sucks. Better not cancel our specialty restaurants just yet.

Listening to the webinar...they just had the food and beverage segment....there was absolutely no mention of any changes to the MDR.

Didnt tell us anything we all already don't know.

Just left the webinar... they had Cary Butcher, who is the head of Food & Beverage talk (which is why I think everyone thought they'd release some information about the new menus), but he just went over the the new dining options offered on the ship revitalizations (old news).

I actually asked a question about new menus and was told (and I'm paraphrasing) that they are always looking for new ways to please their guests and to stay tuned for more information...

Well that sure sucks. Better not cancel our specialty restaurants just yet.

Didnt tell us anything we all already don't know.

Nope....I wouldn't go betting the ranch on all these MDR changes just yet. If indeed they were going to take place I find it very surprising that they wouldn't of announced it in their training seminar that just ended on future ship enhancements ....especially when they had a lengthy session highlighting food and beverage....they didn't even hint about any such future changes.

Nope....I wouldn't go betting the ranch on all these MDR changes just yet. If indeed they were going to take place I find it very surprising that they wouldn't of announced it in their training seminar that just ended on future ship enhancements ....especially when they had a lengthy session highlighting food and beverage....they didn't even hint about any such future changes.

Me either. RCL never does anything when they say.

But we'll know for sure when Freedoms menu - 7/29/2012 is supposed to be implemented

They would not have announced anything in the Webinar that they are not ready to release information on. We will all have to be patient and get our information when Royal are ready to make any announcement on this or any other subject official.

Esp since it supposedly will be starting up this weekend!

Just got word from a friend of a friend who has a friend working as a typist whose boss is friends with a person who used to work at RCL and they said the announcement will be made on August 3, 2012 at 9 am. regarding the MDR menu's. You can take this to the bank ! :eek::eek:

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed. We have plenty of time before our Freedom cruise. Of course this just complicates our plan - we intended on only eating in the MDR 3-4 times this cruise because we were tired of the same old menus. NOW we might have to rethink that! :D

Nothing on the webinar about MDR changes, except for changing the icon used to indicate vegetarian meals.

Webinar is over no mention of new MDR menus.

Sat in on the webinar and I was going to ask if I had missed this but I see there was no new information about changes to the MDR menu's.

Sure hope the OP is correct as it sounds wonderful - sounds too good tho - sorry to be doubting every items - but sure hope its true!:)

Next cruise, we were planinng on opting our of MDR, but with these changes, I think we will eat there! Willing now to pack the denim skirt, and khakis for my guys. MDR is such a fuss to us, but I think what appeals to me is the "always options" and the desserts.

I think they could stick with that "always" menu and people would be happy.

Just got word from a friend of a friend who has a friend working as a typist whose boss is friends with a person who used to work at RCL and they said the announcement will be made on August 3, 2012 at 9 am. regarding the MDR menu's. You can take this to the bank ! :eek::eek:

Do you know if that is EST? If so that means I have to get up at 6:00am to catch it. Thanks:)

Just left the webinar... they had Cary Butcher, who is the head of Food & Beverage talk (which is why I think everyone thought they'd release some information about the new menus), but he just went over the the new dining options offered on the ship revitalizations (old news).

I actually asked a question about new menus and was told (and I'm paraphrasing) that they are always looking for new ways to please their guests and to stay tuned for more information...

I actually saw the information I posted in print. As I mentioned there will be a formal announcement coming out in the next few weeks.

I suspect IF this is true, RCI will not make any formal announcement until a good portion of the fleet has been implemented. Not a great marketing strategy to say "soon, all those lousy meals will be better! But, those sailing in the meantime are just out of luck!".

No, they'll start to publicize it after it's common knowledge and has been experienced on many ships.

Archived