Any tips from previous Holiday cruisers out there?

My family and I are getting ready to set sail on the Holiday in three weeks! It's my first Carnival cruise and I know the ship is "intimate". I can see that many of you have sailed on the HOliday pretty recently. Are there any tips that I should know about? Cool things to do, cool places to hang out on board, most entertaining activities, bartenders to enjoy and ones to avoid, etc. Also, does anyone have info about the spa on the Holiday- is it decent, or not? Our group of 14 ranges in age from 22 months to 84 years old! Thanks, Kelly

We have been on the Holiday 2 times and never dissapointed, kids had LOTS to do - eveyone had LOTS to do - just the right size ship for us, after the Conquest we went back to the Holiday, leaving in june on the Triumph for something different!

Dinner, all food, staff and service was GREAT. Didn't use the spa but heard no complaints. Get out early if you want a poolchair, they go fast. Shows - don't miss a one!

Here are some cool photos I took on our last Holiday cruise - our cabin # was V2 (not lot of the ship since it was our 2nd time, don't have the first set on line)

http://members9.clubphoto.com/donna389111/2187859/guest.phtml

Donna, I loved the pictures! Your kids are adorable! So, the one of the whole family- was that the formal night? I saw you wore a black dress and beautiful necklace, did you feel "formal" enough that evening- it's an outfit similar to the one I am planning on wearing- but according to one of the boards, I get the feeling that lots of cruisers think formal, means sequins and ball gowns- not exactly in my budget as a stay at home mom! Let me know what you think! Kelly

If you walk thru the casual dining (buffet) area and thru the doors past the ice cream machines, there is a nice, quiet bar out there. This was our favorite area - it wasn't crowded and the bartender took care of us. Nice place to meet people since it isn't quite as loud as the bar area around the pool - too many people there.

Have fun!

Godmother? Well, maybe Carnival needs to give me a Holiday cruise for having that title?:D

Donna - Your photos are wonderful! Your 'little black dress' is very similiar to mine - (which I wear every formal night on every cruise). You have a lovely family. Thx for sharing the photos.

Kelly - Go back to the other post.:)

the black dress is great for formal night - will let you in a secret - had been $99.00 in the Carnival shop on board, and the day we left I bought it for $22.00 during their 'clearance' sale - so I purchased it for the NEXT cruise! We can't get enough of cruising, and love to dress for dinner!

:D I went on the Holiday last September on my honeymoon. We had an absolute blast. There was never a dull moment. You need to see the Vegas style show. There was one thing about going into the Americana Lounge, everytime we went in there to watch something we felt like we were being rocked to sleep. The shows were great. It may have been just us. We had the best service. We had never been so pampered. I agree on getting to the pool area early if you want a chair by the pool. Even if you don't get right by the pool there are chairs all over the place. They have a topless tanning area and you must be 18 to come up to this deck. I didn't tan topless but I liked to tan on this deck because there weren't many people and there weren't kids running around either. My bathing suit was a halter top so when it was formal night I had on a halter dress so that my tan lines didn't look funny. I actually didn't plan it but it worked out great.... I hope you have as much fun as we did.:D

Archived