Nice People at Princess

Shogun

Hi All

DW got a call from Princess some thing that just does not happen, it was from a booking Manager who had spotted that we had cancellled our cruises on the Grand, lady was very polite, concerned about what had happened, understood that our issues were with our agent and nothing much that Princess could do, chatted away about our new Crown cruise tours etc

in all she made DW feel part of the Princess family and that she had a friend should we have problems in the future,

So no real reason for the call just a good bit of customer care to make sure we were still happy with the Princess product,

over all a very nice touch,

not heard of anyone in UK getting this type of call before

yours Shogun

I bet they monitor Cruisecritic and saw your posts as well.

I had the MD on a ship once actually do something that I had made a big stink about on CC. He said they started doing it and when I asked how they knew pax wanted this little nicety....he mentioned CC!:D

I bet they monitor Cruisecritic and saw your posts as well.

I had the MD on a ship once actually do something that I had made a big stink about on CC. He said they started doing it and when I asked how they knew pax wanted this little nicety....he mentioned CC!:D

I bet that is exactly what happened. I hae na douts.

~Doris~

Hi All

DW got a call from Princess some thing that just does not happen, it was from a booking Manager who had spotted that we had cancellled our cruises on the Grand, lady was very polite, concerned about what had happened, understood that our issues were with our agent and nothing much that Princess could do, chatted away about our new Crown cruise tours etc

in all she made DW feel part of the Princess family and that she had a friend should we have problems in the future,

So no real reason for the call just a good bit of customer care to make sure we were still happy with the Princess product,

over all a very nice touch,

not heard of anyone in UK getting this type of call before

yours Shogun

Thought this was a nice little posting about Princess customer services, until the last sentence. I am just as sure that your DW cannot be the only person in the UK to receive such a service call.

Hi Dorest Cruiser

I was trying to highlight two things,

calls from Princess UK direct to passengers are very rare,

then the subject matter, I have not heard of anyone

getting a call because they had cancelled a cruise,

I do not think this was Princess policy to make this call

from what DW said it appeared to be more a Princess Manager

taking an interest in why a b2b2b cruise had been cancelled.

Which was nice and why I posted.

yours Shogun

yours Shogun

Yes, it was very nice of Princess but I suppose they suddenly twigged that you had cancelled a very lucrative b2b2b on Grand and then booked an extremely good deal on Crown. I think it is just the way you sometimes write things which grates a little - just MHO.

In fact I have been contacted by a cruiseline in a similar way but that was to chase me up to book a quoted world cruise sector, which I decided not to do (subsequently booked a different world cruise sector).

Im one the people that you dont like Shogun. I am a TA:D. I have never received a call at home myself but i have had clients who have had calls. Some for similar reasons as yours and some that have had customer service issues.

I don't think Princess makes sales calls here in The UK.

:D

Hi Englishbird

Its not that I do not like TAs I did a cruise with hundreds of them onboard

its just that I can not find a good one, I know there are out, but rules

here mean we can not tell each other.

However paper work for my new cruise came from my new TA today

and is the best I have seen

nothing fancy just lists ever flight, booking ref, times, terminals etc

transfers, hotels etc,

yours Shogun

To ring you up was a nice gesture from Princess, even though the problems you had with the Grand was not their doing. I'm convinced they read your little tirade where you mentioned going to another cruise line and decided (knowing your history with Princess) that a little phone call could help keep your loyalty. Too bad they didn't offer a little upgrade or incentive for good public relations.

Take care and enjoy the Crown (know you will).

Im one the people that you dont like Shogun. I am a TA.

I've never read where Shogun has said he doesn't like TAs... only that he had a bad experience with one. Hopefully your handling of his situation would have been somewhat different from what he received. :)

Cheers

Hi Dorest Cruiser

That will be the Scots in me, Ebglish not being my first language

yours Shogun

Shogun, as always a polite response, when a polite one wasn't called for

Personally you never "grate" me (just my HMO)

Srpilo

Well thank goodness we live in a free country and are allowed our own points of view!

I have used many different TAs when booking cruises, and have also booked direct on some occasions and have always been provided with full documentation setting out flights, cruise details, transfers etc. Perhaps I have just been lucky but I rather think that most TAs do a good job and a bad TA is definitely not the norm.

I have so enjoyed the "banter" on this thread your accents come right throught the pages.......I'm loving every word and expression.

Shogun, you just keep on "grating" us......you're my very favorite "scottish greater!" ;)

You don't mind if I listen in to all of you chit-chatting do you?

Well thank goodness we live in a free country and are allowed our own points of view!

I have used many different TAs when booking cruises, and have also booked direct on some occasions and have always been provided with full documentation setting out flights, cruise details, transfers etc. Perhaps I have just been lucky but I rather think that most TAs do a good job and a bad TA is definitely not the norm.

Well said, I have no loyalty to any TA, I go wherever I get the best deal on the day be that a TA or booking direct.

I think that Princess do call UK clients because I have received calls from them twice, once when I had made a comment on the survey about the excellent cabin steward on the Grand they rang to ask for more detail and last year when I complained on board the Crown about the dreadful restaurant service and food 2 days after we returned home I received a call to apologise and to offer us OBC for our next cruise.

Well said, I have no loyalty to any TA, I go wherever I get the best deal on the day be that a TA or booking direct.

I think that Princess do call UK clients because I have received calls from them twice, once when I had made a comment on the survey about the excellent cabin steward on the Grand they rang to ask for more detail and last year when I complained on board the Crown about the dreadful restaurant service and food 2 days after we returned home I received a call to apologise and to offer us OBC for our next cruise.

:eek: On Crown next week - is it bad?

Archived