Keurig Mini coffee make...can you bring one?

NeilD

We use our Keurig coffee maker all the time. Just got a Keurig mini coffee maker and was wondering if they would let you bring one on the ship. I know they have there own coffee makers. Thanks in advance.

It is helpful if you bring one of those power strips. Often there are not a lot of outlet choices. These are really cool!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6mUlAbKO7IzIDabZExlpHnWI17ec_-x-z2EUe2xTpoyOd8E816g

Very nice.....Thanks valley....

I knew I could get a good answer from a 'Jersey Girl'...Thanks.

One of the differences is that blenders do not have a high-current heating element like a coffee maker does. I would think that there is a good chance that it would be confiscated if discovered, like curling irons, hair dryers and the like often are. If they confiscate small electric fans, I would think that a coffee maker would be suspect, too.

They confiscate curling irons and hair dryers? Um - I'm screwed! I'm new to NCL, but have taken many cruises and haven't had my curling iron or dryer taken! I'm still packing them and will just hope not to be sent to the naughty room.

They confiscate curling irons and hair dryers? Um - I'm screwed! I'm new to NCL, but have taken many cruises and haven't had my curling iron or dryer taken! I'm still packing them and will just hope not to be sent to the naughty room.

Although it would probably make sense for them to at least confiscate curling irons and straight irons because of the chance of them being left unattended like clothes irons (which are against the rules and confiscated). Rarely you will see a post where NCL has actually confiscated curling irons or straight irons or hair dryers (although they do supply hair dryers in the cabins). I think with a good percentage of women that bring those types of things, they would probably have a mutiny on their hands ;).

I have heard of them confiscating coffee makers though, so who knows about a keurig. I don't own one so I'm not sure if it has a hot pad like a coffee maker would but I didn't think so since you can set a cup on it. That may make it so they don't take it as it wouldn't have the same risk as a coffee maker would of being left unattended. The coffee makers that NCl provides in their balcony and up cabins have an auto shut off.

Its not "for certain" but they have done that... the provided hair dryers are fairly good, but they do not provide curling or flat irons. Most new curling irons and flat irons do have an auto shut off feature and that may let them go through. They have been known to not allow power strips especially those that are surge protectors. Like other enforcements....kids in "no kids pools"...not chair hogging...no shorts in a dinning room...the enforcement of these items coming on board will likely be spotty, so give it a go. If caught, charm will get you much further along than indignation.

I thought they had coffee makers in the room that use pods

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers they supply.?

That way you could just bring your favorite pods.

As far as I know, only suites have those pod machines.

Not sure about all the ships, but Gem suites have pod machines (Lavazza maybe) Jewel suites have an espresso machine, without pods. Coffee is supplied for both.

I thought they had coffee makers in the room that use pods

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers they supply.?

That way you could just bring your favorite pods.

Balcony & mini-suites have coffee makers. Not sure about the Spirit.

Suites have some fancy dancy coffee machine. :)

The ships' power supplies are usually fairly puny affairs son anything that draws a lot of power is likely to be frowned upon.

That having been said what is the power supply like on an NCL ship? I'm assuming it will be US fitments and 110v supplies? But how many sockets are we likely to get? And for the Europeans on board is there any facility for using 220v chargers etc? (I hadn't thought about that until this thread came up!)

One of the differences is that blenders do not have a high-current heating element like a coffee maker does. I would think that there is a good chance that it would be confiscated if discovered, like curling irons, hair dryers and the like often are. If they confiscate small electric fans, I would think that a coffee maker would be suspect, too.

I have taken curling irons on every NCL cruise we have ever done and have never had them confiscated. As for a small coffee maker, the only way to be sure is to contact NCL directly. Would hate to see you lose your coffee maker through security.

Would hate to see you lose your coffee maker through security.

Since security on NCL cannot go through your bags without you present. If they were going to confiscate it, you would be called to the naughty room to be there when your bags were open. I'd have to bet you would receive a claim check for you to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

Jewel balconies have just a pot for heating water.

seriously?? that totally sucks. :( Not that the normal brewed coffee is all that great...but it sure beats the instant crap.

Oh well.

"Hello, room service? I'd like a pot of coffee, please. What's that? Yes, it's me - AGAIN!" LOL

Where there's a will, there's a way! :rolleyes:

The ships' power supplies are usually fairly puny affairs son anything that draws a lot of power is likely to be frowned upon.

That having been said what is the power supply like on an NCL ship? I'm assuming it will be US fitments and 110v supplies? But how many sockets are we likely to get? And for the Europeans on board is there any facility for using 220v chargers etc? (I hadn't thought about that until this thread came up!)

Typically, the NCL ships have a 220V outlet in each cabin. I am not sure about the configuration of that outlet, however, so bring your converters too.

NCL ships will have at least one 220 volt outlet...the configuration seems to be the continental European two round pin design.

this question sort of follows along with bringing Coffee makers on board. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to bring one of the Soda Stream Soda Makers on board? SodaStream Carbonators are made of lightweight aluminum to exacting standards set forth by the US Department of Transportation and since it's a C02 cartridge I wasn't sure if they were allowed. I know they are not allowed on airplanes because it's considered a compressed gas.

Just wondering if anyone else makes their own soda and tried to bring one on board a cruise.

Thanks

I did try and take my mini keurig coffee maker on the Sky and it was confiscated!

Thanks you all for your input. Well LimeyUK, I think I will try it, hope my experience is better. If I can explain to them that there is no hot plate on it, I am in a 2 bedroom suite and there should be plenty of power available.....in other words wish me luck trying to convince them of this....As long as they give it back when we leave, I'm OK with it....

Archived