Gold VIP Party on ship?

planb

Has anyone gone to the new Gold level party? Wonder if there are still doing the same thing.

Just off the Pride and went to the party. It was great! Lots of apps (that I have never seen at party before) and full size drinks were being offered.

The CD did a speach as well as the captain and officers. Then we watched a video and the CD led a dance along. Out theme was Mardi Gras - beads and masks were everywhere.

I thought it was a lot of fun and much nicer than the previous past guest party. Not very crowded either.....

Tam

Just off the Pride and went to the party. It was great! Lots of apps (that I have never seen at party before) and full size drinks were being offered.

The CD did a speach as well as the captain and officers. Then we watched a video and the CD led a dance along. Out theme was Mardi Gras - beads and masks were everywhere.

I thought it was a lot of fun and much nicer than the previous past guest party. Not very crowded either.....

Tam

i will be on the pride in two weeks what day and time was it , I hope its not a port day

just off the Pride with Tammi. it was so much better than the old past guest parties. and way less people. It was on Tuesday, a sea day (right after our meet and greet party so 2 hours of free drinks!)

Not sure if you can order something specific

as far as appetizers they had chicken balls, beef stroganoff and veggie pizza

it was also in a smaller room, not the main theater

just off the Pride with Tammi. it was so much better than the old past guest parties. and way less people. It was on Tuesday, a sea day (right after our meet and greet party so 2 hours of free drinks!)

As DW and I only get the red wine, drink choices won't matter to us. Sure am glad there are better apps though, and really like the idea it is in a small lounge instead of the main theatre. Hope it is this way in September.

We will be on the Dream in Sept and looking forward to this.

Could you get your choice of drinks?

golfadj, Just off of the Fantasy today and they served me beer and my wife got champagne. They had two different type drinks already mixed. One was yellow the other was red. I talked to the bartender and they were made with "top shelve" liquor. Ready made drinks were in 16 oz glasses and people said they were strong. There were appox. 50 people at the party and it was held in the back lounge. Everybody had a good time.

We will be on the Dream in Sept and looking forward to this.

golfadj, Sorry I forgot to add that I though the apps were 10 times better than at the other past guest parties. I liked the mashed potatoe/roast beef in the small bowl the best. There was plenty of food and drink for everybody.

golfadj, Sorry I forgot to add that I though the apps were 10 times better than at the other past guest parties. I liked the mashed potatoe/roast beef in the small bowl the best. There was plenty of food and drink for everybody.

LOL that's what it was. and it was good.

the beef stroganoff was from the cooking demo!:o

Off the Valor in June and the gold party was held in teh Ivanhoe theater in two different sessions. You could only attend one as they collected the invitation so it was a nice cocktail party before dinner on sea day two. Saw the corny CCL towel animal short subject movie and the CD did a welcome but then the Valor band and a singer belted very good songs for the hour.

Apps were very good and the red drink on our ship was a rum punch; very strong! Tipped a lovely young waitress $10 and she made sure we had plenty of drinks and set us up with 'one for the road' on our way to the MDR.

It has improved a lot since pre VIFP program.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I am so glad to hear good reports of the new GPD Party!

From everything I have been reading it really sounds like it is much more of a nod to how the party used to be a few years ago......I am actually looking forward to going again! I skipped the Past Guest Party on my last few cruises because it was just too crowded and not very special.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

My last few cruises I had given up going to the party because it just wasn't enjoyable.......crappy drinks & crummy food, with loads of people. Just off of Fantasy a few weeks back & the party was good. Lots of higher end food, full sized drinks that actually had some liquor in them.

No more that 60 guests were there with maybe 10 to 15 servers. They had alot of food fixed for the event & were begging us to eat & drink more. I'll be going back next cruise.

Is this some sort of a nugget?

Just off the Freedom and had a similar and wonderful experience. We were in the Victoriana Theater and it was full. The appetizers were plentiful and tasty!! Some drinks were pre made and orders were taken.

One of the things I really liked best was how they recognized cruisers who were platinum and diamond. I mean they called on gold cruisers to stand, then platinum, then diamond and all were applauded. Then they called people by name and announced how many days at sea they had and how many cruises they had sailed. ( At least 6 -7 dfifferent couples, and single people were named and asked to stand!) The couple that had the most sea days was brought up to the stage and briefly interviewed. They were asked what kept bringing them back and people really cheered them. They gave them champagne and something else and I think they felt really happy with the recognition!

It was much, much better than before!!

Just off the Freedom and had a similar and wonderful experience. We were in the Victoriana Theater and it was full. The appetizers were plentiful and tasty!! Some drinks were pre made and orders were taken.

One of the things I really liked best was how they recognized cruisers who were platinum and diamond. I mean they called on gold cruisers to stand, then platinum, then diamond and all were applauded. Then they called people by name and announced how many days at sea they had and how many cruises they had sailed. ( At least 6 -7 dfifferent couples, and single people were named and asked to stand!) The couple that had the most sea days was brought up to the stage and briefly interviewed. They were asked what kept bringing them back and people really cheered them. They gave them champagne and something else and I think they felt really happy with the recognition!

It was much, much better than before!!

Crap was ready to try it again but don't want to be called out and used as a puppet for thier timeshare presentation.. My cruise history is my business. Dang guess no free beer!

Crap was ready to try it again but don't want to be called out and used as a puppet for thier timeshare presentation.. My cruise history is my business. Dang guess no free beer!

Just leave before they get to that point in the party. Problem solved.:D

We've always gotten drinks of our choice, a little tip goes a long way with a familiar bar server.

At the old past guest parties that was exactly what we did with great results but wondering about the new one.

Archived