Cabanas still only for suite guests?

Ren1216

Until a few months ago only suite guests could book cabanas, and the only cabanas were located at Barefoot Beach. More recently, new cabanas have been constructed at Nellie`s Beach, and these can be booked by anyone. We booked an over-the-water cabana on Nellie`s Beach for our trip in March 2012 and loved it! Just check online for your sailing under excursions at Labadee and you should see the cabanas at Nellie`s Beach listed as available for purchase. Try to book asap as they sell out quickly.

Be sure you only put one person`s name in though for the booking, as you only pay per cabana, not for each person in the cabana. We paid $200 total for an over-the-water cabana and the hillside cabanas were $175.

Good luck with booking,

MouseGirl

Thank you for that information! I should have stated that we'll be visiting Cococay (not Labadee).... but I thought the policy would apply to all of RCI's private islands. I should have known that may not be the case, huh :D

Anyway, I'm specifically interested to know if the cabanas in Cococay are for suite guests only....?

Until a few months ago only suite guests could book cabanas, and the only cabanas were located at Barefoot Beach. More recently, new cabanas have been constructed at Nellie`s Beach, and these can be booked by anyone. We booked an over-the-water cabana on Nellie`s Beach for our trip in March 2012 and loved it! Just check online for your sailing under excursions at Labadee and you should see the cabanas at Nellie`s Beach listed as available for purchase. Try to book asap as they sell out quickly.

Be sure you only put one person`s name in though for the booking, as you only pay per cabana, not for each person in the cabana. We paid $200 total for an over-the-water cabana and the hillside cabanas were $175.

Good luck with booking,

MouseGirl

Mousegirl, you are just the person to answer the question I have been asking!:D I booked an "over the water cabana at Nellies Beach" for $200 (the most expensive choice). However, in the description it says "nestled HILLSIDE above Nellies Beach". Was your over the water cabana actually over the water, or was it hillside?? Please help! And do you have any photos? I am very confused about what type of cabana I am going to get. Although I did pay the higher price and in the header it says Over The Water..... Thank you!

Hope I can help! Our cabana literally was over the water, with a metal ladder going down into the water at the front of the cabana, so you have direct water access. The cabana comes with two floating mats, so we just dropped them down off the ladder every time we wanted to swim, and spent a good chunk of the day in the water.

At the back of the cabana there is a flight of stairs that go down to the beach. Our cabana was one of a series of four that were over the water, and it was the highest one up, but even so it was only about 10 steps up to our cabana - not sure that I would call it a hill! So sorry that I`m such a technical ignoramus and am no good at posting photos, but if you search here on the private islands section of the boards for photos of Nellìe`s Beach cabanas there is a really good thread that shows how they`re situated. But no worries, you definitely will be right over the water with your cabana.

If I can be of any other assistance please let me know, and trust me, you will just LOVE your cabana! My husband and I and our teenagers still say it was our favourite vacation day ever, and we have had some pretty great days so that`s saying a lot:)

Have a wonderful trip,

MouseGirl

Archived