Listen up Jacksonville Cruisers.....

drolltroll

I have thoroughly researched this thing and here is what I have found if you are planning to stay in Jax the night before you leave on your cruise. If you are not staying the night before the cruise and do not need a room, skip this post.

The hotels that offer park and cruise options are not a bad deal IF there are only 2 of you in your room. More than that gets 10-20$ added to the shuttle per person! When you book like this, you are not parking at the hotel for free. A one night stay has just went up by 30-50$ versus what the room would have cost if you just booked one night and left in your vehicle the next day!

If you have more than 2 people you are usually going to be better off using the vipparkcruise area that is close to the airport.

With all my research, I have found it will be just as cheap to book an oceanfront room about 25 minutes from the vipparkcruise lot, spend the night. leave the next day and pay them folks about $5 per day to park and let them shuttle me to the cruise terminal! I have 6 people going and this is one reason it is working out this way. If you have 2-3 people, your mileage may vary.

If you live near the beach or just do not enjoy the beach, this may be a moot point but if you are staying the night before your cruise and want to enjoy some beach time, this is the way to go because if you have several people in your party, you are not really saving much on one of those other deals!

Archived