Need Athens transfer

Xoe

and Piraeus hotel recommendations. I'll arrive at ATH late afternoon on November 7 and will want an overnight in a hotel near the cruise ship dock before boarding Pacific Princess for her 12-day Black Sea itinerarys on November 8. Does anyone have recommendations for private transfer from the airport to a hotel in Pireaus, and/or a quiet hotel near the cruise ship dock? I've been in Athens before and this time am coming in a day early just to be certain to be there for boarding on 11/8.

I see a few hotels with good reviews and low prices in Pireaus, and am hoping for some specific recommendations from the CC'ers.

Thanks!

and Piraeus hotel recommendations. I'll arrive at ATH late afternoon on November 7 and will want an overnight in a hotel near the cruise ship dock before boarding Pacific Princess for her 12-day Black Sea itinerarys on November 8. Does anyone have recommendations for private transfer from the airport to a hotel in Pireaus, and/or a quiet hotel near the cruise ship dock? I've been in Athens before and this time am coming in a day early just to be certain to be there for boarding on 11/8.

I see a few hotels with good reviews and low prices in Pireaus, and am hoping for some specific recommendations from the CC'ers.

Thanks!

We booked with http://www.taxidrives.gr for our recent Black Sea cruise.

It was 50 Euros for 3 of us and all our luggage from Pireaus to ATH airport. Our contact person was Andreas, and he was so responsive that he even called me when my e-mail server wasn't cooperating. Our driver was Bill.

We are on crown princess at the moment. Stayed in a wonderful hotel in Piraeus . They could not have been more helpful and booked transport from the airport. Very safe, driver waiting, cost 65€. Hotel in very convenient location for everything, and very quiet. Taxi to dock in morning €6 which hotel organised for us. Will post details on return after weekend (August 5th

Another suggestion if arriving late is to stay at the Sofitel at Athens airport, it is a 2 minute walk across from the terminal. It is quite pricey but then the next morning you can take the X96 airport bus for just 6 euros each to Pireaus and save the taxi fare so overall it might work out about the same. The bus stop is a fair walk from the port but we had tons of time and with wheeled luggage it worked fine for us

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

We stayed at the Theoxenia Palace in Piraues, a five star hotel which was delightful. The staff could not have been more accommodating, and it included breakfast for under £70. Spotlessly clean and well equipped, we would stay here again. They organised a taxi to meet us at the airport which was great, no worries about being ripped off - cost us 65 Euros. He was there to meet us.

They also organised the taxi to the port in the morning which cost just over 6 Euros. We were really pleased to be so close to the port, so we didn't have a long journey in the morning. Embarkation was very easy - we were first on the ship, went straight to our cabin and the luggage was already there! Brilliant!

Hotel was in a very convenient position and we walked around Piraeus for hours the day we arrived and never felt unsafe. Having read so much about Athens etc. we were pleasantly surprised, as it was not crowded or unpleasant. It was very hot but you would expect that in July.

Archived