Last Minute Travel/ Tourico

Debbie1029

I read the thread a while back about how to use Tourico site to uncover the hidden hotels on Last Minute travel and used this method successfully several times. Tonight I tried it again and found that when entering the hotelid from LMt into Tourico I am directed to Tourico's homepage instead of the hotel. Has the site changed? Are we now out of luck in unlocking LMT?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I read the thread a while back about how to use Tourico site to uncover the hidden hotels on Last Minute travel and used this method successfully several times. Tonight I tried it again and found that when entering the hotelid from LMt into Tourico I am directed to Tourico's homepage instead of the hotel. Has the site changed? Are we now out of luck in unlocking LMT?

Debbie 1029, here is another link that you should save and use for the future. The same thing happen to me a ways back and I went through the threads and finally came up with this link. Have a good day and happy cruising. :D

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=917&provider=localTgsProvider

elmoe663 provided the good link but I'll also add that if you do or don't find the name, call the 888 number on the LMT site. They will provide the name of the hotel before you book and generally provide a greater discount than can be found on the website. For our upcoming IC stay the website listed it at $115 and he booked it over the phone at $100. :)

Yes it takes you to the Tourico website which is made for travel agents, you wont be able to book, you use that just to find out the hotel name. An even easier way to do it is just pick the unmaned hotel, add any activity and then click continue booking, it will give you the name of the hotel.

You can then remove the activity and book if desired, or go back and find another hotel.

Depnding on the city, some hotels won't allow you to add any extras like a car or tour. But most do for the cruise port cities.

I have had no problem with calling and asking which hotels are which and they will sometimes offer you even a bit lower rate than on the site.

What's nice is that these are cancelable up to 3 days in advance for most hotels. SO you can keep hunting on other sites closer to the date if you want.

Instead of checking Tourico or adding a rental car, I came up with a list that is based on the # of miles to Airport. It's such a pain because you can't bring up a new page in a new window using LMT. This way when I just want to compare prices, I can do it just by checking my list.

This is for the Downtown Area in Miami only and I'm more than happy to share.

13.65 miles / 3 stars

Bar, Fitness, Internet, Restaurant

HOTEL URBANO AT BRICKELL

15 miles / 3 stars

Bar, Fitness, Meeting Rms, Pool, Restaurant, Wheelchair

Courtyard By Marriott Miami Downtown

7.96 miles/ 4.5 stars

Bar, Fitness, Meeting Rooms

Marriott Biscayne Bay

7.86 Miles/ 3.5 Star

Fitness, Meeting Room, Pool, Restaurant, Wheelchair

Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown

8.66 Miles / 3.5 Star

Fitness, Internet, Meeting Room, Pool (free Continental Breakfast)

Hilton Miami Downtown

8.02 miles / 4.5 stars

Fitness, Meeting Room, Restaurant

Hyatt Regency at Miami Convention Center

8.72 miles / 5 star

Bar, Fitness, Internet, Meeting Room, Pool, Restaurant, Wheelchair

JW Marriott Hotel Miami Downtown

12.76 miles / 4 star

Bar, Fitness, Meeting Room, Restaurant, Wheelchair

DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Biscayne Bay

8.35 miles / 5 stars

Bar, Fitness, Meeting Room, Restaurant

InterContinental Miami

8.79 miles / 5 stars

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant (Deluxe City View)

Conrad Miami by Hilton

9.82 miles / 3 stars

Bar, Meeting Room, Pool, Restaurant

Fortune House Hotel

Instead of checking Tourico or adding a rental car, I came up with a list that is based on the # of miles to Airport. It's such a pain because you can't bring up a new page in a new window using LMT. This way when I just want to compare prices, I can do it just by checking my list.

You can have a window open for LMT and Tourico at the same time.

What I did notice this morning (at least on Explorer - I use Firefox at home and haven't tried it) testing this out is that the javascript address at the bottom of the screen no longer displays the hotel ID when you hover over 'Description' 'Maps & Directions' or 'Photos.' If you right click on those links and choose properties you can still see the hotel ID in the address.

First they stopped the links from opening in a new window and now this. They're on to us!! ;):p

Thanks for all your great replies everyone! PACruiser, that is a great list-very handy!! Wouldn't have one for Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood would you?

Sorry Debbie, I don't. But the same prinicipal applies in regards to the number of miles. If we all could start compiling list for the FLL area then we wouldn't need to use the other sites.

Archived