Water

KPGirl

Yes, there is water on board, but they prefer the bottled water, and may not want to pay the high price on board for the water. I drink both the tap water on board as well as the bottled water. I rather spend the money on board instead of carrying so many items to board the ship. We have enough luggage as it is to be carrying drinks on board. I also live in Miami(45 minutes away from the port), so I save on airfare.

Some attribute foot/ankle swelling to the drinking water on the ship. I suppose others just have their preferences. My feet and ankles swell after a couple of days, so I wish I knew the real answer about the water causing it.

Bottled water is for sale on the ship but not cheap, I have no problem bringing an empty water bottle and drinking the water on the ship! It is better than the water that comes out of my taps at home. I don't drink bottled water at home so why do it on the ship :rolleyes:

Some attribute foot/ankle swelling to the drinking water on the ship. I suppose others just have their preferences. My feet and ankles swell after a couple of days, so I wish I knew the real answer about the water causing it.

Foot and ankle swelling...same here:eek:

The tap water on the ship comes from the ocean. Salt..salt..salt

I always bring a case of bottled water with me in a carry on suitcase. My ankles swell if I drink ship water, but they don't if I drink bottled, therefore I bring my bottled water, nothing scientific about it, I do what works for me.

Also I have the advantage of having an empty carry on to take home, can pile all my newfound treasures from the islands in it. Win/win for me.

Carole

This last trip we all just braught an empty water bottle, and refilled as needed, worked great. The water on the ship is not going to make ankles swell, its all the salt in the food. Exercise daily and that will keep the excess water weight in check:D.

This last trip we all just braught an empty water bottle, and refilled as needed, worked great. The water on the ship is not going to make ankles swell, its all the salt in the food. Exercise daily and that will keep the excess water weight in check:D.

I asked my Dr. About this. And he also said it was from the food and also from breathing in the salt air, especially being from an area no where near an ocean. He said to drink more water to help flush it out. He cruises a couple times a year.

so where are the taps for the water??

There is a water dispenser on the lido deck where you can get your juice and coffee, or some ships have water fountains. I just fill my water bottle in the bathroom sink and let it sit in the ice bucket.

Some people believe that the de-salination process does not remove all the salt from the water but my fiancee (who is very salt sensitive) has never had any issues.

I also believe its more from the food than anything else....

See what I mean? I continue to wish I knew the correct answer about the ship's water. However, even if you only drink bottled water, the ship's water is in everything else - iced tea, coffee, juices, etc., - and that's what they are using to cook your meals.

For me, I don't believe its the salt in the food because, being from the New Orleans area, I am quite accustomed to seasoned food. I also don't drink alcohol, so there is another myth that doesn't fly in my case.

Different methods work for different people, but I'm not sure we'll ever know the absolute truth. Meanwhile, I'll just continue to do the best I can.

I don't believe the de-salination process removes all the salt in the water offered on the ship (maybe someone on the Board knows for sure). I drink a lot of water and if I drink the water on the ship, my ankles swell but if I bring bottled water (which I do) they don't swell at all. I only drink bottled water at home and cook with it also. I carry on a 12 pack of bottled water and purchase bottled water at some of the ports to last thru the rest of the cruise.

I don't drink any of the fountain drinks offered on the ship and drink only bottled beer. I also found if I walk the track every day, it helps with the swelling (maybe I'm crazy??).

I don't believe the de-salination process removes all the salt in the water offered on the ship (maybe someone on the Board knows for sure). I drink a lot of water and if I drink the water on the ship, my ankles swell but if I bring bottled water (which I do) they don't swell at all. I only drink bottled water at home and cook with it also. I carry on a 12 pack of bottled water and purchase bottled water at some of the ports to last thru the rest of the cruise.

I don't drink any of the fountain drinks offered on the ship and drink only bottled beer. I also found if I walk the track every day, it helps with the swelling (maybe I'm crazy??).

I agree, but I stopped arguing about it on these boards because there are too many "authorities" on whatever topic you raise.

I did do a little research on the internet about the desalination process and it cannot remove all the salt in the process. The water on the ship tastes delicious and I do drink what they serve at dinner, but I am a BIG water drinker, pretty much it's what I drink all day. If I drink the ships water all day my ankles swell.

If I bring my own water and just do the water at meals and whats added to the food, I do fine.

<Shrug> to each their own, don't care who says what, this works for me.

I btw drink tap water at home and do fine. Some people living near the ocean may be used to desalinated water and that is why it's different for them??? Not sure, just a theory.

Carole

I agree, but I stopped arguing about it on these boards because there are too many "authorities" on whatever topic you raise.

I did do a little research on the internet about the desalination process and it cannot remove all the salt in the process. The water on the ship tastes delicious and I do drink what they serve at dinner, but I am a BIG water drinker, pretty much it's what I drink all day. If I drink the ships water all day my ankles swell.

If I bring my own water and just do the water at meals and whats added to the food, I do fine.

<Shrug> to each their own, don't care who says what, this works for me.

I btw drink tap water at home and do fine. Some people living near the ocean may be used to desalinated water and that is why it's different for them??? Not sure, just a theory.

Carole

DITTO...word for word.

I'm a water snob so I bring my own water. I don't drink tap water at home or ship water on the cruise because of the tastes, not because of sensitivity to salt. I will drink the coffee and lemonade because it tastes like coffee and lemonade. It's all based on what you prefer.

I bring bottled water, mostly for when I am in ports, at the beach. I drink the water on the ship too.

If I take a water bottle around the ship to drink, I return to my room to fill it for the day. They do ask that you not use the water for drinks/cups on the lido to refull your personal water devices. That would be very unsanitary and would surely spread germs.

Do whatever makes you happy!

We happily drank the ship water for almost 2 weeks on the Breeze and did not have any trouble with swelling or any other issues!

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think bottled water is a CROCK! If you live anywhere in the USA or just about any industrialized country, the water is perfectly fine to drink. Bottled water is an environmental disaster and a sucker bet. The environmental costs to bottle water and then truck it to your location are ridiculous, and nearly all water bottles are NOT recycled, so you have all that plastic dumped into the environment. It's absolutely silly to buy bottles of water. If you are living somewhere that you must buy bottled water, then you should move!

If you really just want to donate money to Evian, well, that is your choice I suppose -- but please at least recycle or reuse your bottles. Sorry.... rant over.

At any rate, the water on the ship was perfectly fine. No odor, no weird taste, nothing. It was perfectly fine water. I took a refillable bottle. Filled it in my bathroom sink every day and took it on all our excursions. If you would like to fill it from the beverage dispensers at the buffet, then use a clean glass and then pour from the glass into your personal bottle. They ask that you do not fill personal bottles directly from the beverage dispensers.

Swelling... well personally I think that if this occurs, it is due to changes in your diet. Comercially prepared food is almost always very high in salt content. You just won't be able to avoid this on the ship or in port. It is what it is. You also are probably eating far more calories than usual. If you feel like you are swelling, well.... yup, you probably are. But you can't blame this on water.

We happily drank the ship water for almost 2 weeks on the Breeze and did not have any trouble with swelling or any other issues!

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think bottled water is a CROCK! If you live anywhere in the USA or just about any industrialized country, the water is perfectly fine to drink. Bottled water is an environmental disaster and a sucker bet. The environmental costs to bottle water and then truck it to your location are ridiculous, and nearly all water bottles are NOT recycled, so you have all that plastic dumped into the environment. It's absolutely silly to buy bottles of water. If you are living somewhere that you must buy bottled water, then you should move!

If you really just want to donate money to Evian, well, that is your choice I suppose -- but please at least recycle or reuse your bottles. Sorry.... rant over.

At any rate, the water on the ship was perfectly fine. No odor, no weird taste, nothing. It was perfectly fine water. I took a refillable bottle. Filled it in my bathroom sink every day and took it on all our excursions. If you would like to fill it from the beverage dispensers at the buffet, then use a clean glass and then pour from the glass into your personal bottle. They ask that you do not fill personal bottles directly from the beverage dispensers.

Swelling... well personally I think that if this occurs, it is due to changes in your diet. Comercially prepared food is almost always very high in salt content. You just won't be able to avoid this on the ship or in port. It is what it is. You also are probably eating far more calories than usual. If you feel like you are swelling, well.... yup, you probably are. But you can't blame this on water.

:confused::confused::confused: So, if the problem does not effect you, then it does not exist???

Are you a doctor????

If the water is bad where you live, then move???????? REALLY????

Archived