Question regarding "Hawaii by Cruise Ship" travel guide

janen49

My husband and I are taking the NCL cruise around Hawaii in October. I would like to buy the guide by Anne Vipond "Hawaii by Cruise Ship" from Amazon, but I see that it was published in 2006 and includes only Hawaii, which is all I want. Then a new edition published in 2011 includes Tahiti, which doesn't interest me, since we won't be on that cruise.

I assume that the newer one might be a bigger, heavier book (which I wouldn't prefer), or else it would have cut back on the Hawaii information. I wonder if the Hawaii portion would have changed much. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance!

We have all her travel books and think there great because while they pertain to cruising she doesn't favor any cruise line over another.

Either book will do because there are no changes to Hawiian islands since her 2006 edition which we have and it's 320 pages high gloss with lots of pics and tear out maps

and she touches on the highlights of each island. It's a good size and easy to pack and take with you.

If you have further concerns go to a large book store travl section and check it out. All her books are the same size.

I bought the Revealed books (Andrew Doughty & Harriett Friedmam) before taking my cruise in 2007, and loved them. They do updates and revisions for each book online. You could get them from the library if you didn't want to buy.

Archived