Oceana-Riviera Cabins Deck 7

tjm0701

Any comments on Deck 7 for the Riveira? Looking to book a trip and considering $#'s 7001 and 7017. Leving from Barcelona Mosaic Masterpiece cruise ending in Lisbon.

Any thoughts on the very front of the ship-which 7001 would be?

Staroard or port for views-either in port or on the sea?

Noise level?

Vibration etc.

Tom

Any comments on Deck 7 for the Riveira? Looking to book a trip and considering $#'s 7001 and 7017. Leving from Barcelona Mosaic Masterpiece cruise ending in Lisbon.

Any thoughts on the very front of the ship-which 7001 would be?

Staroard or port for views-either in port or on the sea?

Noise level?

Vibration etc.

Tom

I think I've already answered most of your questions in the other thread where you posted about this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1672459

As far as Stateroom noise is concerned, because there are passenger cabins above you and crew quarters below you, the front of deck 7 is a very quite place most of the time.

When the ship is docking or otherwise maneuvering in harbors, you will probably feel significant vibration and some noise from the bow thrusters, or when the anchor is raised or lowered, but those disturbances are over in ten minutes and there are no cabins on the ship which are entirely insulated from such noises. Think of it as part of the seagoing experience.

The ship sails out of sight of land for 98% of the cruise, so booking a cabin with specific views in mind (other than the Sea itself) is a study in futility, don't drive yourself crazy.

Thanks for the note.

One last question: 7001 apears to have an extended veranda area-at least from looking at the deck view. Could that be the case-or am I just imagining things? Not sure if you would even know.

Tom

Thanks for the note.

One last question: 7001 apears to have an extended veranda area-at least from looking at the deck view. Could that be the case-or am I just imagining things? Not sure if you would even know.

Tom

It is extended...

142546.jpg

BUT, it may be partially obscured. I haven't been inside looking out, but in this picture (of Marina; Riviera is exactly the same), I believe 7001 is the first balcony to the left of the big round windows, where the fellow with the white hat is standing.

084357.jpg

Thanks Don for that picture showing 7001. That's our cabin on the Riveria in Dec!!!!!

Great! Then, maybe I'll get a chance to see it from the inside!

We're still in GTY status -- maybe no news is good news!

Archived