2 tickets to Paridise

cruzincon

Leaving on the Paradise in just over 2 weeks. Can't wait, a much needed vacation for a stay at home mom just wish it was going to be longer than 5 days. Anyone been on the Paradise lately? I've been to Catalina few times but Ensenada only once so any suggestions for that port are welcome. Also does anyone know if the shorter cruises are more casual than the longer ones?

Any input on the Paradise would be apprecitated.

Leaving on the Paradise in just over 2 weeks. Can't wait, a much needed vacation for a stay at home mom just wish it was going to be longer than 5 days. Anyone been on the Paradise lately? I've been to Catalina few times but Ensenada only once so any suggestions for that port are welcome. Also does anyone know if the shorter cruises are more casual than the longer ones?

Any input on the Paradise would be apprecitated.

You're sailing out of LA. You think it won't be casual?

I thought the Paradise only did 3 and 4 day trips.

My daughter is doing the honeymoon thing on the Paradise on the 30th.

Hopefully the 4 day is less rowdy than the 3 day. Unlike her parents, "Party" is not in her vocabulary.

I Have only sailed out of LA. So I can not compare with anything other than a 7 day cruise to PV MZ and Cabo wich did seem a bit more upscale than the other 5 day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada that we did years ago. BTW I thought LA was the fashion capitol of the world so why would it be more casueal than any other cruise?

I Have only sailed out of LA. So I can not compare with anything other than a 7 day cruise to PV MZ and Cabo wich did seem a bit more upscale than the other 5 day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada that we did years ago. BTW I thought LA was the fashion capitol of the world so why would it be more casueal than any other cruise?

No, it's the Image capitol of the world.

Those of us who gave up on our image long ago (the other 2 1/2 million of us) wear shorts until it's too cold then we switch to jeans. Ties are only for when we're trying to sell something.

No, it's the Image capitol of the world.

Those of us who gave up on our image long ago (the other 2 1/2 million of us) wear shorts until it's too cold then we switch to jeans. Ties are only for when we're trying to sell something.

LOL :D! Well said. I'm a jeans an t-shirt gal :). I'm a stay at home mom too and it just isn't practical to get all dressed up to sit on the floor and fold laundry.

On our 4 day cruise to Ensenda, people dressed well for dinner. Many of the women wore beaded gowns and most men wore black suits. We did go during a cold month, so people were more covered up (modest, but casual), out of necessity.

We're going at the end of next month, a 3 day Ensenada. It's a group cruise with other families. Most of them are 1st time cruisers. I'm pretty sure they'll be complaining that it's too short. But there's always the next one. By the way, when will they mail the docs? I know when we did Disney they mailed it a couple of weeks before the cruise, is Carnival the same?

I have been on the Paradise twice and been to the Long Beach Port down to Ensenada. I found the Paradise to be a nice ship and I really did not get off the ship in Ensenada - I scheduled spa treatments for that day. I did get off for about 10 minutes and decided there was not much I wanted to see and enjoyed the day on the ship.

I did not really enjoy sailing out of Long Beach. For reasons I really do not want to post again for not wanting to offend - I did not enjoy the company of the other passengers that were all locals. Please feel free to email me and I will be happy to share my experience with you. ginal6@hotmail.com.

I'm cruising on Paradise on Monday, can't wait! I have done this cruise before. But, both times were on different ships. I did the 3 night and the 4. The 4 night is less rowdy, but still a lot of fun. Ensenada, near the port, isn't much to look at. Although, Papas & Beer is wild!!! But, if you take an excursion, there is a lot of beauty in the region. Just don't expect to walk off the ship and do much more than shop or go drink at Papas & Beer.

Archived