Kids Club on Princess

felix9

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I know the ages are split from 3-7 years for the younger ones. Are they also split within that age group, because there is a big difference between a 3 and a 7 year old:).

my DD is 7 and just wondered what type of activities they do also.

Thanks

She will probably really like the youth program they do offer different activities and there seem to be a focus on arts and crafts, WII Fit games and video games as I recall.

My son sailed on Grand Princess (British Isles) when he was 7 and they did combine the younger kids at times and he was routinely hit by a 3 year old- which ticked me off. But we have done Caribbean, Grand and Sapphire and he has wanted to go to the youth program so it is usually good.

Thanks,

i did wonder if they combine the like 5-7 year olds...

Glad to know your son enjoyed despite the attacks:)..

She will probably really like the youth program they do offer different activities and there seem to be a focus on arts and crafts, WII Fit games and video games as I recall.

My son sailed on Grand Princess (British Isles) when he was 7 and they did combine the younger kids at times and he was routinely hit by a 3 year old- which ticked me off. But we have done Caribbean, Grand and Sapphire and he has wanted to go to the youth program so it is usually good.

Age group is princess pelicans from 3 to 7 and shockwave age group from 8 to 12. Remix Lounge(teens) from 13 to 17. Even a 2 y.o. are welcome to the youth center as long accompanied by an adult according to informational material.

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I know the ages are split from 3-7 years for the younger ones. Are they also split within that age group, because there is a big difference between a 3 and a 7 year old:).

my DD is 7 and just wondered what type of activities they do also.

Thanks

Yes, the 3-7 year olds are in the same room and have the same activities offered. Having said that, there seemed to be fewer 3 and 4 year olds each time we have sailed - most seem to be 5 and up so I think the activities are more geared to the older set. My daughter loves the kids club. On her first cruise she was only 14 months so we didn't use it, but at 2 years she went daily (one of us had to stay but we were always welcomed) and we are sailing next week and she is looking forward to the club more than anything else - she is 5 now.

I have a friend with a 7 year old son who in interested in cruising and toured a Princess ship to see what it was like. After seeing the Pelicans room and hearing that the age range is 3-7, she decided that they would wait until her son is 8 to cruise. Knowing her son, and having seen the Pelicans room (when my daughter was in Shockwaves) I totally agree that this is best for her son. He is very mature and tends to hang out with older kids anyway, and he will definitely be happier in the Shockwaves group.

My daughter was 12 when she was in the Shockwaves group, and they often separated the 11-12 year olds from the 8-10 year olds, which was fine for her. Unfortunately, they also sometimes combined the Pelicans and Shockwaves for certain things, like evening movies, and she hated that. She said the little ones were very disruptive and made it impossible to watch the movie. After the first couple of days, she did very few of the organized activities and instead just met up with her new friends and did their own thing.

Of course, every child is different, and you would know best how well your child will tolerate being with younger kids.

Thanks Sherry,

Good points made. My kids have cruised before but this is the first time the age will be an issue. I kinds think she may be a bit mature but if there are other 7 year olds it will be ok. I will have to see, she will be nearly 8 so......

Thanks for your thoughts

I have a friend with a 7 year old son who in interested in cruising and toured a Princess ship to see what it was like. After seeing the Pelicans room and hearing that the age range is 3-7, she decided that they would wait until her son is 8 to cruise. Knowing her son, and having seen the Pelicans room (when my daughter was in Shockwaves) I totally agree that this is best for her son. He is very mature and tends to hang out with older kids anyway, and he will definitely be happier in the Shockwaves group.

My daughter was 12 when she was in the Shockwaves group, and they often separated the 11-12 year olds from the 8-10 year olds, which was fine for her. Unfortunately, they also sometimes combined the Pelicans and Shockwaves for certain things, like evening movies, and she hated that. She said the little ones were very disruptive and made it impossible to watch the movie. After the first couple of days, she did very few of the organized activities and instead just met up with her new friends and did their own thing.

Of course, every child is different, and you would know best how well your child will tolerate being with younger kids.

Archived