Raw Juice Bar in the Spa?

WaldosPepper

I've performed a search and could not find any relevant answers, so I'll post the question to you all. Is there a Raw Juice Bar still available in the spa? Years ago the Majesty offered fresh juices in their spa. When we were on the Dawn and the Jewel I don't recall seeing this in either spa, but perhaps I was not observant. Have any of you seen a raw juice bar on any of the ships?

Thanks in advance for any info! :D

Star had the ice water with fruit slices and some different teas in the Spa and upstairs in the gym there was a juice/smoothie bar. I am not sure what kinds of juices, if they were raw, etc.

Oh YAY!!! Now you're talkin'!!! Now I can hope that they'll have what I'm looking for! Thank you!!!!!

Hi Waldospepper! On the Norwegian website under "ships" "dawn" "what's onboard" "play" "Juice Bar" links...it says after a good workout give yourself a healthy treat...the juice bar has a wide range of juices and smoothies to choose from. Accommodates 12. I am taking a guess it is near or in the gym area? Will check it out soon and let you know if raw juice...um, after I find out what raw juice is...:p I do not see a similar description on the jewel link. The Star has The Barong juice bar that accommodates 16. That is all I looked at on their website.

coka

Edited by coka

Hi Waldospepper! On the Norwegian website under "ships" "dawn" "what's onboard" "play" "Juice Bar" links...it says after a good workout give yourself a healthy treat...the juice bar has a wide range of juices and smoothies to choose from. Accommodates 12. I am taking a guess it is near or in the gym area? Will check it out soon and let you know if raw juice...um, after I find out what raw juice is...:p I do not see a similar description on the jewel link. The Star has The Barong juice bar that accommodates 16. That is all I looked at on their website.

coka

Hello coka!!!!! :D

I might have known you'd be the one to help me find what I was seeking. I don't know how I missed the Barong Juice Bar when I was scoping out "what's onboard," but I'm so glad you found that!

Judging by the photo provided, it would appear that they are preparing raw juice ~ essentially this is juice which is machine-extracted from raw vegetables and fruits. Hence, it provides all the micronutrients in their purest form (heating and/or freezing causes some loss of micronutrients).

If I get onboard and discover they are juicing vegetables, and not just fruits, I will absolutely leap for joy! :D

I'll also have to scope out Pokeraddict's suggestion to visit the buffet around breakfast time to see if they're offering veggie juices. ;)

Star had the ice water with fruit slices and some different teas in the Spa and upstairs in the gym there was a juice/smoothie bar. I am not sure what kinds of juices, if they were raw, etc.

ValleyVillage

Sorry to have to track you down but I'm getting fina numbers for our Cruise Critic Events of the Star sailing from New York to New Orleans on 21 Oct 12.

We haven't heard from you for a while. Have you cancelled? Please check in with us at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...4#post34703894

• 2 years later...

We just got off Jewel of the Seas from Alaska and they had a fresh juicer in the bar area of the Solarium. They said they were going to keep it after her refurbishment! Nothing like fresh vegetable juice or fruit smoothies. Hope Royal Caribbean incorporates these on all there ships.

Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to the Barong Juice Bar on our Star cruise and it was apparently done away with in the dry dock. They did have fresh citrus juice station in the buffet (not complementary) but that was it.

I don't know why it still shows up on the deck plan. Although there was nothing new in that space. Just a closed off area. They weren't able to complete everything at the dry dock so maybe they're remodeling it later and we just had lousy timing?

The Kids Cafe in the buffet is still on the plan and that wasn't operational either, despite 1,000+ kids on that particular cruise.

Edited by cadien

Hello coka!!!!! :D

I might have known you'd be the one to help me find what I was seeking. I don't know how I missed the Barong Juice Bar when I was scoping out "what's onboard," but I'm so glad you found that!

Judging by the photo provided, it would appear that they are preparing raw juice ~ essentially this is juice which is machine-extracted from raw vegetables and fruits. Hence, it provides all the micronutrients in their purest form (heating and/or freezing causes some loss of micronutrients).

If I get onboard and discover they are juicing vegetables, and not just fruits, I will absolutely leap for joy! :D

I'll also have to scope out Pokeraddict's suggestion to visit the buffet around breakfast time to see if they're offering veggie juices. ;)

In the buffet on the Sun they were juicing fruits and veg at breakfast. I think it was about $3.50. I had apple carrot and orange every morning and it was tasty!!! Hoping they'll have it on BA too