So glad Royal still sends luggage tags!

We like the luggage tags to, it just adds to the excitment and preparations for the cruise.

Our tags for our Jewel TA cruise next month, arrived today and we are psyched.:)

"Does RCL automatically send them to you prior to sailing, or do you have to request that they be mailed?"

When your edocs are available, you will see a button on the website, which asks them to send you your luggage tags.

Hi All,

I am on the 9/23 Freedom of the Seas sailing. I checked with Royal Caribbean and that sailing for the Freedom is one of the test ships for printing luggage tags.

Since it's a test, its up to you to screw it up! Don't print out the tags, show up without them, and make it a big hassel. PLEASE. Help us save the tags!

Our tags for our Jewel TA cruise next month, arrived today and we are psyched.:)

"Does RCL automatically send them to you prior to sailing, or do you have to request that they be mailed?"

When your edocs are available, you will see a button on the website, which asks them to send you your luggage tags.

Bill, ours arrived yesterday, and even though we are fairly seasoned cruisers, and don't really get excited about the cruise till we are a few days out, the fact that we can read and touch the tags........we know that we are close to another cruise.

This one.....is getting to be so exciting for us, as we get to meet the two of you, along with so many others that we have shared posts with, for the past 7 years. The tags that we received yesterday......probably meant more to me than all of the tags that we have received since we started cruising with Royal Caribbean.

And, oh, by the way, RCCL..........keep the old tags coming!! They are a winner, along with what is coming back to the MDR......in the way of a new menu, for the new people with Royal Caribbean, and the old menu for those that sailed in the 1970's thru around the year 2000.

What a combo, especially for those of us that know that the food, of late....or longer, has been a bit of a disaster on RCCL. It's not that the food is inedible, just not up to what the cruise line could do......as they used to do!!:D

Rick

Do we have to request these, or do they automatically send them to us...if they are still sending them?

You have to request them by clicking on the button that will appear online once your edocs are available. We just received ours for our August 31 transatlantic cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

I'm glad they don't mail out the other cruise documents; I only print out the transfers if we have bought air (or just the transfers) through Royal. However, I do like the luggage tags! It makes it so easy and we don't have to worry about bringing tape if we're flying down early and don't want to put them on before our flight.

I was especially happy they were available for a cruise we have coming up where my family is coming. It made it a lot easier to be able to request everyone's luggage tags, hear from them all that they received the tags, and know that we'll be all set when we get to the pier. While it might not be a big deal; it is so important to me that my family has a great cruise! It was also fun to hear how excited they all got when they received the tags! Thanks Royal Caribbean - I can't wait to share the ships I love with my family!!

You have to request them by clicking on the button that will appear online once your edocs are available. We just received ours for our August 31 transatlantic cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

How long does it take to get them after you "click on the button?" :D

Hi All,I am on the 9/23 Freedom of the Seas sailing. I checked with Royal Caribbean and that sailing for the Freedom is one of the test ships for printing luggage tags.
Since it's a test, its up to you to screw it up! Don't print out the tags, show up without them, and make it a big hassel. PLEASE. Help us save the tags!

I agree!!! Fail the test. Everyone must fail the test!!!

Save the tags :)

We don't receive tags in Australia but that's hardly an issue. The self printed ones are fine and are only used for what, a five hour period from boarding to receipt of luggage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a printer so requested my documents via the mail and get any invoice alterations sent to me by post. They asked me when I booked if I wanted my tags by post + I said yes.

Oh COME ON! I hope this is just a tongue in cheek joke. I mean really, there's nothing to "screw up". I've NEVER printed luggage tags, and to insinuate that it is somehow a "big hassle(sp.)" is utterly ridiculous. The porters DON'T CARE. It' takes them less than 10 seconds to put tags on all your bags and they simply move on.

Look I get the people like to receive these in the mail, but making it sound necessary is absurd. I wish RCI would do with them what they did with the documents. You want us to mail you luggage tags? Sure. That'll be $20!

Got my luggage tags in the post. so on the countdown.. yipee !! I think they should continue to provide them.Airlines provide similiar when you check luggage in and I think it will be a sad day if an airlines ask you to print of a paper one and laminate it, so why should cruiselines be different.

Hi there. I'm from the U.K going on Grandeur 4 weeks today. About 2 weeks ago my edocs became available. If you look online where you can check your documents at the bottom left of that page it has the link to order your luggage labels.

I received ours in 5 days. We booked a guarantee room so that didn't matter. And if we got moved I wouldn't worry! I love getting the labels 😜 x

I notice the button appears after you paid your final payment when you do the check-in on line, (wasn't there before), as I remember, the request luggage tags are only for US and Canadian and we received our tags a couple weeks ago, I don't think they sent us the tags when we were with the Liberty because we live in Canada but now they do. May be too many people complain. The envelope contains 4 tags for each passenger, there are plenty. Most cruiseline do not send out luggage tags via mail, we always bring a permenant marker when we board and ask the porter for plain tags, hate the scotch tape thing.

We went on IOS from Southampton at Easter and half the ship got tags sent the other half had to print their own. Representatives from RC were in the departure lounge questioning guests about the ones printed vs printing at home. The IOS is trialing printing at home. We are on the Jewel next week and we ordered tags online but they never arrived so had to email to get them sent they eventually arrived last week. The vibes we picked up at Easter was that tags would stop and ultimately everyone would have to print at home or get hand written tags at ports.....

I wish we still got luggage tags, sadly here in the UK they're no longer sending them, we have to print them ourselves. I've printed ours but frankly they look horrible :(

Just back from NOS. We had luggage tags sent one week before we left.

DCL sends them, too. Just got ours for another cruise.

I guess I'm spoiled, only cruising RCI and DCL and always getting tags. I don't always use them, but they are handy to have.

I suppose you could buy sticky paper stock and still print them at home on other lines????

Archived