Just Back-Century to Alaska-July 15-22

teacherman

We have just returned home after spending a few days in Vancouver following our cruise. We had not been on Celebrity for 5 years, but have been on most of the other cruise lines during that time. We have enjoyed all of our cruises, but we did notice a little more "up scale" treatment on Celebrity. I have written a review on the Review Board. Hopefully, it will help others who may be either planning, or contemplating, an Alaskan cruise.

Thanks for your response.

I am wondering if passengers were allowed to view the Hubbard Glacier on Deck 7 forward. Apparently, on the M-class ships, some captains will open the helipad for passengers to get an upclose look. Since Century does not have a helipad ( area for crew pool?), are passengers invited in that open area?

I usually park myself under the kitchen fans that blow warm air but will pack my arctic wear if the opportunity at the bow was available.

Thanks, again.

Yes, we were allowed on to the front at Hubbard Glacier. Our day there was beautiful; maybe 50 degrees and blue sky. We viewed it from deck 7, top deck, and promenade deck. Upon departure, we went to the aft. Great day, but other cruises were not as fortunate with the weather.

Archived