Confused about CP Dining Pkg

KAWS

I was looking at the different dining packages for the Oasis for our upcoming trip. I thought the Central Park package was a pretty good one: Giovannis, Chops Grille and 150 Central Park.

The print says you must book Giovanni's for the first night and then book the other two once onboard. When I went to purchase the package, there was a drop down menu for sailing day, second day and last night that you could choose from for Giovanni's.

So, I'm a bit confused. Is this another case of the print doesn't exactly match the reality? And if I am able to choose the second night (which I think would be formal night) would Giovanni's be formal enough for that or would we wear "normal" clothing for that night? What about the other two restaurants? I know Chops would be great for a formal night but what about 150 CP? Having never been to these restaurants before I don't know what's a casual restaurant and what isn't.

Anyone that can help, I'll certainly appreciate it!

You can wear whatever you want to the specialties. We typically go to Giovanni's on first formal night and no one is dressed formal. My experience on the Allure and Oasis is that increasingly fewer people are dressing formal even in the dining room. We never do and never feel out of place.

I was looking at the different dining packages for the Oasis for our upcoming trip. I thought the Central Park package was a pretty good one: Giovannis, Chops Grille and 150 Central Park.

The print says you must book Giovanni's for the first night and then book the other two once onboard. When I went to purchase the package, there was a drop down menu for sailing day, second day and last night that you could choose from.

So, I'm a bit confused. Is this another case of the print doesn't exactly match the reality? And if I am able to choose the second night (which I think would be formal night) would Giovanni's be formal enough for that or would we wear "normal" clothing for that night? What about the other two restaurants? I know Chops would be great for a formal night but what about 150 CP? Having never been to these restaurants before I don't know what's a casual restaurant and what isn't.

Anyone that can help, I'll certainly appreciate it!

In my opinion, 150CP is by far the most upscale/formal atmosphere of the 3 restaurants. Chops is a close second. I thought the tables at Giovannis were very close together and a bit noisier, less formal.

We absolutley loved 150CP and wound up eating there twice to sample the differnt menus (they change the menu halfway thru the cruise)

Enjoy!

Thanks. That answers my question about formal/informal attire. Now can anyone help regarding that drop down menu with the choice of three dates vs what the print says when it says Giovanni's must be reserved for first night.

We're doing MTD so I'd rather go to Chops for first formal and 150 CP for second formal and Giovanni's for the last night (which is an option on that drop down) rather than the first night. But the confusion lies in the print part that says first night only. I don't want to reserve, thinking I'm getting the last night and then effectively missing the reservation entirely. Geesh I'm confusing myself here! :(

Well I knew something was weird. One of the dates that they offered was debarkation day! haha That would have been good. "I'm not leaving; I have a dinner reservation for tonight!" :p

Finally broke down and called Royal. Got a great rep and she's the one that pointed out the last choice was debarkation day. So she said I could choose from Embarkation day or the second day (which I'm assuming is formal night). So I think we've decided to just wait and purchase the package onboard since we'll most likely be going to Giovanni's on the first night. Then I can find out exactly when the two formal nights are and we'll do the other two specialty restaurants on those nights.

Thanks for the replies and the ideas. I appreciate them.

Archived