Prescription Meds

Regulations have been changing in the past few years but I'm fairly certain that the answer is no (at least not without a major hassle). Canadian pharmacies require that the prescription be signed by a Canadian licensed physician - they do not honor DEA numbers from the US. Most large chains won't touch a US prescription. Smaller pharmacies may have a Canadian doctor on staff that is available to review your prescription, validate it and write a Canadian equivalent. But this takes time and money.

Can I take a prescription with me and fill at any pharmacy in Canada if I am from the US?

If you have a drug plan , call your HMO and ask if they have pharmacies in Canada that can fill you prescription. If you have pay for your own you'll out of luck with getting a prescription filled.

As a Canadian I can't even my prescription filled in another province. The prescription has to written by a doctor from that province.

Welcome to socialized medicine.

I am surprised it is so difficult.

Online there is a Canadian Pharmacy called NorthWestPharmacy.com that is listed as a Canadian pharmacy...you fax or send your prescription and they fill and send it. Anyone hear of that?

I am surprised it is so difficult.

Online there is a Canadian Pharmacy called NorthWestPharmacy.com that is listed as a Canadian pharmacy...you fax or send your prescription and they fill and send it. Anyone hear of that?

It is only licensed to ship medicine's to theUS.

Can I take a prescription with me and fill at any pharmacy in Canada if I am from the US?

No, Canadian pharmacies may not fill an out of country prescription. Some pharmacies close to the border have been known to refer customers to doctors to re-write prescriptions but to my knowledge there is no one in Vancouver who will do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived