Tender Timing on Caribbean Princess

lisabeth

We have an 8:30AM excursion with Native Way in Grand Caymen on 5/25. Any ideas how early we need to get in line to take a tender to the dock? We're not early risers, but obviously want to make it on time!

from what i have heard lately about tendering in GC, I would line up the night before......

If your shore excurision is booked via Princess, there should be no problem,,,,,they will get you ashore on time.

This was a problem for us - not with Princess but with Carnival - 2 years ago. We had an independent snorkel boat tour planned in Belize. The ship was delayed in clearance to disembark, and because we were not able to get a seat on the first tender, we missed our tour. I don't remember what the disembarkation process is on Princess, but I would make sure you let Princess know that you need to be off the ship early in order to meet your tour on time.

We have an 8:30AM excursion with Native Way in Grand Caymen on 5/25. Any ideas how early we need to get in line to take a tender to the dock? We're not early risers, but obviously want to make it on time!

Lisabeth,

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess and in reading over my Patter right now, it advises passengers with "independent tour arrangements" to meet - with your "complete party" at Explorer's Lounge. It states that "there you will receive your disembarkation instructions from the cruise staff" it further says "the tour staff will be in the lounge from 6:45am".

It's quite and early day :eek:

Wow. Sharon -- Did you take that to mean that we should be there when they start at 6:45? That may not be worth it...

lisabeth,

I know it sounds awful, doesn't it? The ship arrives at GC at 7am and depending on how many other ships are also in port, tendering can take up quite at bit of time.

GC is a very early day and a short day (the ship departs at 4pm).

DH had a SCUBA excursion in GC and had to meet his group very early. Most of Princess' excursions in GC are scheduled for 7:30 - 8:30 departures.

It appears that they want to know about independent tours so they can get you there on time.

If I had an independent tour I would be at Explorer's at 6:45 to make sure that I got a tender ticket early enough to make my excursion.

Hope that helps clear thing up.

If I remember right,Princess hands out tickets for the first few tenders,each person must have a ticket to exit the ship for the tenders. If you show up at 6:45 you can pick up a ticket for the tenders,I don't believe one person can pick up tickets for the whole group,but if was just 3 or 4 people they would probably give you the tickets. Then when the tenders start boarding the call tickets from 1 to 75,76 to 150 and so on. I don't remember how many people each boat holds,but that is how they did it on my last princess cruise to GC. After the crowd thins out they do away with the tickets.

Archived