Private Balconies Question

Kendallkat2

We have been on the Golden Princess and are planning another cruise for this fall. We have narrowed it down to 2 cruises (I think!!). I know that Princess's ships have some balconies that can be viewed by passengers from above public areas which I would like to stay clear of. Please refresh my memory by informing me which decks we should steer clear from. The 2 ships we are considering are the Star and Caribbean Princess.

On our Golden cruise we had a mini-suite cabin in the back of the ship (Emerald Deck I believe) which was a wonderful cabin. Our balconey wrapped around the rear of the ship which gave us a huge balconey. Would love to have that again but don't think luck like that would happen again.

Thanks in advance for help, Beth

If you are still interested in a mini suite. On the Star, any of the minis on the Emerald Deck would be fully covered like you had before.

Not sure about the Caribbean Princess though, hopefully someone else will jump in here with that answer.

We are just off of the Caribbean Princess, where we had a mini-suite with an "open" balcony. It seemed that all the balconies on deck 9 (Dolphin deck) had teh open balcony which could be seen from all the above decks. The deck directly above us seemed to be in a similar situation, but I did notice the balcony was much larger and partially covered.

I was also weary of the open balcony, as I am a rather private person. I was pleasantly surprised that we hardly ever saw people looking down at us. The one time we did, it was a group of teenagers. I will also admit it was rather amusing to see every balcony occupied upon leaving port each evening. We ended up making "balcony friends" who we waved at each time.

I hope this helps with your decision.

On the Caribbean we had a Caribe deck balcony cabin. Balcony was very large and half covered. We really liked it a lot. On the Star we had a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. It was completely covered but small. We didn't mind that because we liked the Star much, much better. Fewer passengers and a happy crew. On all Grand ships, the Dolphin Deck balconies are uncovered, Caribe half covered, Baja covered, and I think the Aloha are covered too. Don't know about Emerald deck.

just got off Caribbean Princess may 7th had an aft balcony on baja deck no one above you can see in its the best. and they are the largest balconies besides a few side balconies people can see on

Just click on this link to see the balconies on the Caribbean Princess. I took these photos from my balcony on the Riviera Deck. For the record, the Riviera Deck, Aloha and Baja deck balconies are fully covered. The Caribe is half covered and the Dolphin is totally exposed. I believe the Emerald is fully covered:

http://community.webshots.com/album/163544676IXfbis

Archived