Glory - What to do in St. John's, New Brunswick

Stevedan

We are going on the Glory soon from NYC. Any suggestions of what to do (parents and 3 teen kids) in St. John's, NB? None of the Carnival shore excursions there seem too exciting to us. Is there anywhere to rent and go jet skiing?

Thanks!

As someone else mentioned there is lots of info under ports of call.

With a family renting a car would be a great way to see the area. Some places to go would be:

St Martins fishing village with caves and Fundy trail

St Andrews wonderful small town

I don't know if there is jet skiing but there is a jet boat ride you can do at the reversing falls. http://www.jetboatrides.com/

You can walk to it (about 20 minutes) or hop a cab.

As someone else mentioned there is lots of info under ports of call.

With a family renting a car would be a great way to see the area. Some places to go would be:

St Martins fishing village with caves and Fundy trail

St Andrews wonderful small town

I don't know if there is jet skiing but there is a jet boat ride you can do at the reversing falls. http://www.jetboatrides.com/

You can walk to it (about 20 minutes) or hop a cab.

the current though can be extremely strong here

been there 4 times, and all we do is walk around town. last time, we were so hungry with the downgrade of food, we couldn't wait to eat.

we found billy's at the top of that city square, and had the best lobster rolls ever. and great soup.

worth the walk.

We just sailed Glory 7/7. We did the reversing falls jet boat and it was amazing and beautiful. We did not book through the ship at all, just walked around and walked up and booked it. Really it a not to miss! The people are so very nice there!

We loved it SO much we are sailing Glory again on 9/8 but out of NY this time.

Enjoy!

We are going on the Glory soon from NYC. Any suggestions of what to do (parents and 3 teen kids) in St. John's, NB? None of the Carnival shore excursions there seem too exciting to us. Is there anywhere to rent and go jet skiing?

Thanks!

We went zipling over the reversing falls. It was a blast! We used saintjohnadventures dot ca. I emailed that we wanted to be over the falls as the tides came it; they recommended a time for us. Boy, were they right. The guides were fantastic. The view of the falls from above was incredible.

I'll one up you. It's Saint John.

Thank you!

From one of the "natives", Saint John is the correct way to spell it. We're just a little sensitive about it. :rolleyes:

Having said that,whatever you choose to do you'll be met with good old maritime hospitality.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

From one of the "natives", Saint John is the correct way to spell it. We're just a little sensitive about it. :rolleyes:

Having said that,whatever you choose to do you'll be met with good old maritime hospitality.

Enjoy!

When we were in Saint John at the end of June, we walked around town for a while. Every single person we encountered was so friendly!!! We loved our day in Saint John. Thanks for the hospitality.

Thanks!

I don't know of a place to rent jet skis, but you can rent canoes paddle boats etc at the Lily Lake Pavillion http://www.daytrippingnb.com/rentals.html .

And by the way, it is SAINT JOHN you are coming to visit - not St. John's .. St. John's is in Newfoundland ... very often confused :-)

Hope you enjoy your visit.

We just sailed Glory 7/7. We did the reversing falls jet boat and it was amazing and beautiful. We did not book through the ship at all, just walked around and walked up and booked it. Really it a not to miss! The people are so very nice there!

We loved it SO much we are sailing Glory again on 9/8 but out of NY this time.

Enjoy!

That is really great to hear ! Check out Cruise Saint John on facebook, lots of great pictures and Uptown Saint John map for your information !

When we were in Saint John at the end of June, we walked around town for a while. Every single person we encountered was so friendly!!! We loved our day in Saint John. Thanks for the hospitality.

We would be delighted if you would add a comment to the Cruise Saint John facebook page (if you are on FB ).. the Meet and Greet volunteers love to hear from people they have welcomed to the City!

We went zipling over the reversing falls. It was a blast! We used saintjohnadventures dot ca. I emailed that we wanted to be over the falls as the tides came it; they recommended a time for us. Boy, were they right. The guides were fantastic. The view of the falls from above was incredible.

So good to hear that you enjoyed the Zipping over the Reversing Rapids.. I haven't done it yet - you are braver than me :D

Again, we would love to have you post a comment on the Cruise Saint John Facebook page... the community loves hearing from past guests !

How about New River Beach. It is about 20 minutes from Saint John. It is a beautiful sandy beach. They have kayaking and trails , maybe jet ski. I live 45 minutes from Saint John. In the capital city Fredericton....

If you google , you find what New River Beach offers. http://new-brunswick.net/Saint_John/newriver/newriver.html

Charleyann

Archived