RCL Insurance - Personal Air Covered - To Cruise City Only?

Hi,

My husband and I getting ready to book a cruise, and we will be doing the RCL insurance. I know there are a lot of other great insurances out there, but RCL offers us what we need, for cancellation and trip interruption. My mother-in-law has a terminal illness and RCL does not have a pre-existing clause for non-traveling passengers. We have talked to Berkley Care and is sounds like if we had to cancel/or get off the ship, if she was hospitalized, or passed away, this is a covered reason.

The RCL insurance covers personal air, which is very surprising to us. I was told we could have 14 days total, either before/after the cruise. Can't be more than 14 total combined. We will be flying out of the city the ships returns to, but we would like to fly into another city, not near the departure port. Does anyone know if this is covered? My guess is no, that you have to fly in and out of the departure port.

Any expert RCL cruisers who have purchased the insurance know? Also, this insurance sounds great for our needs. Has anyone else used it, especially for the cancellation/interruption coverage?

Thank you fellow cruisers!!!

We have not booked anything, but the cruise would be in about 6 weeks. We would pay for the entire cruise and insurance at once.

The pre-existing does not apply to family members not traveling with you, at least that is what I have been told by Berkley Care. This is the clause in the policy:

“Pre-Existing Condition” means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60-day period

immediately prior to your effective date for which you or your Traveling Companion, Business Partner or

Immediate Family Member who is scheduled or booked to travel with you:

Hoping my fellow RCL cruisers can confirm that. We have checked other sites, other insurance, and the pre-existing does apply to family members not traveling, and if you go with the cancel for any reason it is so expensive.

I would call tripinsurancestore. They are online but also always answer calls as well. They only sell from the three big companies but they will answer all of you questions. It will probably be much cheaper and cover your entire trip.

Archived