I'm new to Cruise Critic

WEST COASTER

Joined a few years back but never really used this site. It looks like it is full of great info!! Going on the Rhapsode of the Seas February 18, 2013 sailing doing a round-trip Sydney. We love Royal Caribbean and just a few days shy of being Diamond members. Want to spend a few days in Sydney before the cruise. Any suggestions for a nice 4-star hotel. Don't mind staying a little bit outside the city and taking a train in. Anyone else doing this cruise?

There are boards under Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle Roll Calls for each RCI ship. Go to the Rhapsody and look for your sailing date. Good way to "talk" with folks on your cruise beforehand. From there you can sign up for the Meet & Mingle that will be on board your cruise.

There are also boards for Australian cruising and for Australian ports of call.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Enjoy exploring the boards!

Barb

There are many discussion threads about hotels and sightseeing in Sydney at the Ports of Call/Australia & New Zealand forum. I've received a lot of help there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Also, it is helpful to know where your ship will be docked:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule/

You can save yourself a lot of time by learning to use the Search this Forum feature. Once inside a forum, it is on the right side of your screen, just under the list of page numbers.

Enjoy!

Joined a few years back but never really used this site. It looks like it is full of great info!! Going on the Rhapsode of the Seas February 18, 2013 sailing doing a round-trip Sydney. We love Royal Caribbean and just a few days shy of being Diamond members. Want to spend a few days in Sydney before the cruise. Any suggestions for a nice 4-star hotel. Don't mind staying a little bit outside the city and taking a train in. Anyone else doing this cruise?

Welcome to Cruise critic. You can check the ports thread or use Trip Advisor. We loved the Sheraton but that was many moons ago. NOT CHEAP but well located near the pier and walking distance to interesting sights and public transportation.

~Doris~

Thanks a lot : ) Took me a long time to figure out how to get to my question to see if anyone answered. Lots of wonderful responses - thanks to all!! I will use the links provided and am sure I will find a great hotel.

Archived