Dream Brides Question

We just got back from the Carnival Sensation where we got engaged!!! Of course when we thought about actually getting married, there was no hesitation - we want to get married on a boat! We have almost decided 100% on the Dream - mainly because it is a beautiful ship!

My only concern is that we are planning a very small wedding - maybe just 2 cruising guests. Are there any Dream brides that had a very small wedding? What room did you ultimately get married in? I love the Song Lounge, but am afraid that they only reserve that for larger weddings. I would not be as thrilled with the Chamber Room. Can you get married in the Piano Bar or is that only for receptions?

Thanks for your input!

Catherine

We just got back from the Carnival Sensation where we got engaged!!! Of course when we thought about actually getting married, there was no hesitation - we want to get married on a boat! We have almost decided 100% on the Dream - mainly because it is a beautiful ship!

My only concern is that we are planning a very small wedding - maybe just 2 cruising guests. Are there any Dream brides that had a very small wedding? What room did you ultimately get married in? I love the Song Lounge, but am afraid that they only reserve that for larger weddings. I would not be as thrilled with the Chamber Room. Can you get married in the Piano Bar or is that only for receptions?

Thanks for your input!

Catherine

Congrats on getting engaged!!! I wish I could give you advice but I'm getting married on the miracle and not until 2014!!! So good luck on your search. These forums have been very helpful for me especially since my wedding cruise will be my first cruise ever! Lol

Thanks for your input!

Catherine

Congratulations on the engagement!!! Do you know how many non-cruising guests you might have attending? We had a smaller group for the ceremony and reception- 20 or so guests. We had the Chamber room and the Caliente Disco and Carnival did an awesome job of arranging everything so that the area did not look too big for our party. I was surprised- I thought the rooms would dwarf us. But it all worked out fine. Happy Planning!

We had about 20 non-sailing guests & 10 sailing guests. We had the ceremony in the Chamber Conference Room & reception in the Caliente Disco. While I agree that the Chamber Conference room wasn't anything "special" it was completely fine for our needs. Our ceremony was short & sweet! The decor of the room really didn't matter much to us! I don't think we found out which room the actual ceremony was going to be in until we received our final call the week or so before. I believe you can request a specific room, but it will be dependent upon how many other weddings there are on embarkation day (and how large or small those groups are). We specifically wanted to have the reception in the disco with the DJ so it worked out well for us!

Congratulations!

Thanks for responding guys! We will maybe only have less than 6 non-sailing guests and 2 sailing guests. So it is really small. Did either of you request a different room other than the Chamber? Were you both pleased with the way it was decorated?

Thanks for responding guys! We will maybe only have less than 6 non-sailing guests and 2 sailing guests. So it is really small. Did either of you request a different room other than the Chamber? Were you both pleased with the way it was decorated?

I also agree that the Chambers wasn't anything special for the ceremony. But it honestly did not matter to me. The photos came out great because you can't really see how big or plain the room is. If you are really concerned about the ceremony location though, I would absolutely ask about changing rooms. The worst they can say is no. Let them know that you are concerned about having that big of a space with a smaller party of attendees. No matter what, don't worry and have fun and remember to breathe!

I did not request a room in advance. I wasn't real concerned about where they were going to put the ceremony (that sounds bad, doesn't it? haha). We figured any room on the ship would be adequate. Even now, the background of the photos is kind of an afterthought. The only thing I really remember resembling decorations was white pedestals/flowers (on each side of the aisle). They were kinda plain (but like I said, we were fine with it).

I just randomly found a photo someone took on my work computer that shows the ceremony space! yay! This should give you a good idea of what it looks like (if this is where your ceremony ends up being).

018.jpg.29953e15166fd288d7ed905ed04b435d.jpg

I did not request a room in advance. I wasn't real concerned about where they were going to put the ceremony (that sounds bad, doesn't it? haha). We figured any room on the ship would be adequate. Even now, the background of the photos is kind of an afterthought. The only thing I really remember resembling decorations was white pedestals/flowers (on each side of the aisle). They were kinda plain (but like I said, we were fine with it).

I just randomly found a photo someone took on my work computer that shows the ceremony space! yay! This should give you a good idea of what it looks like (if this is where your ceremony ends up being).

Sounds like we had very similar interests and experiences :-) I don't remember seeing the room ahead of time and I was so frazzled going in that I have to rely on pictures to really remember the room. The ceremony room wasn't that big of a deal for me- as long as my DH was at the end of that aisle;) The reception area was important and I LOVED the Caliente Disco.

Thanks guys.....I appreciate the input and the picture. I think I was more concerned with the ceremony than the reception since I won't be having much of a reception. However, as long as my guy is at the end of the aisle - that is all that really matters!

Thanks guys.....I appreciate the input and the picture. I think I was more concerned with the ceremony than the reception since I won't be having much of a reception. However, as long as my guy is at the end of the aisle - that is all that really matters!

You have agreat attitude!!!! I am sure your wedding is going to be absolutely wonderful!!!!

Archived